The wilson

B
BIG D
HI EVERYONE, Just wanted to start by saying thanks to AA for all the advise you gave me yesterday on bobber fishing man did it work, I can't brag to much because I forgot my damn camera at home BUT!! I got the STINK OFF ME finally :dance::dance::dance::dance: started out at the fishing store in Tillamook and bought me and the wife a new ABA Garcia 8'6 pole real nice, and picked up some 1/2 oz inline weights for the rigs and then off to the river started at Sollie smith and nada nothing so we moved to the guide shop and that's when it happened BAM fish on landed a 24 1/2 " 13 3/4 lb chinook :dance::clap::dance::clap: BUT it was a native SOOOOO back to the river it went:(:(:( and how that hirt But gotta do what ya gotta do ya know maybe next time. Loved the river out of all the rain and all the wind we didn't get wet or wind blown it was a great time on the Wilson today, Next time I wont forget my camera got one in my tackle box now HAHa:lol:

J
just1nook
Nice job Big D.

How did you get such an accurate weight on a nate?

B
BIG D
well it was closer to 14lbs than 13:think: on the scale i keep in my tbox:) it's nice because it weights the fish in a net so not to hurt them got it from a friend that worked for Colorado DFW

Last edited:
O
osmosis
congrats on the first fish.
Did you really put a hook type scale into the gills/behind the gillplate of a wild chinook?

B
BIG D
osmosis said:
congrats on the first fish.
Did you really put a hook type scale into the gills/behind the gillplate of a wild chinook?

never!!!

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
BIG D said:
well it was closer to 14lbs than 13:think: on the scale i keep in my tbox:) it's nice because it weights the fish in a net so not to hurt them got it from a friend that worked for Colorado DFW

GOOD job getting the nook and cool idea with the scale! :clap:

Last edited:
A
ArcticAmoeba
Those net scales are pretty nice. We use 'em on the Situk, and in a couple other rivers, like Drift Creek in AK. But thanks for the good words! I appreciate it. Just tryin to steer you in the right direction is all! And I'm glad you shook the skunk finanlly. I told ya the Wilson is a good one! Haha!:lol: Nice work man!