the willamette

P
plunkme
i want to go sturgeon fishing saturday off the banks of the willamette near clackamas somewhere between meldrum bar and clackamette park or within a 15 min drive, anyone know anywhere to go? if you dont want to share it on here please pm me. ive never fished on the willy before and my friend who is new to sturgeon fishing wants to give it a shot, i would like to go home with a legal size sturgeon

lets just say if you give me a spot ill test it out for you and let you know if its a honey hole or a stink hole ;);):lol::lol:

Last edited:
T
The Nothing
its nasty water out there. high as i've ever fished and brown... well, i won't go to how brown it is. But I did have 1 legal at my favorite hole. Couple guys came down to do some bass fishing, and caught only a peamouth.

F
Fishtopher
Powers Marine Park, and Willamette Park, both on 43 on the west side of the river, are good bets. Down by Omsi on the water front. Riverfront Park off 99E. Lots of fish being caught right now. Just gotta have the right bait on the bottom.

L
lost_cajun
My son and I fished for a few hours on Friday with a friend of mine in a boat. We caught 4 small sturgies, we tried sand shrimp, herring, squid, and something else that I don't remember. We got a few bites on everything, but all 4 fish were caught on squid.

Good luck

J
joemomma
Don't let the high water scare ya, there are fish in the river! This is when the willy puts fish out!

F
Fish Fight
I fish from my boat in the OC area. There's a hole that just up river from the docks at Sportcraft. The first rocky point that sticks out. It can kick out a fish or two. Across from the wall is a cat walk that's a popular spot.

F
FishSlayer420
So are they catching a lot of fish by the St.johns bridge? My boss is heading down this weekend to do some sturg fishing.

B
beaverfan
Any special tips for OC sturgeon fishing? I'm going out for my first sturgeon trip this Sunday. So should I just use pickled herring or what?

T
The Nothing
pickled herring, sandshrimp, frozen herring, worms... whatever, they hit pretty much anything

B
beaverfan
right on thanks! thats what my dad said. he used to fish out there all the time so hopefully i can get into some fish.

T
The Nothing
just remember its a non-retention day. won't be near as many out there, which, IMO, makes things nicer.
i'll be out thurday, hoping to get another member on fish

R
Redfox458
The Nothing said:
just remember its a non-retention day. won't be near as many out there, which, IMO, makes things nicer.
i'll be out thurday, hoping to get another member on fish

Only thursday, friday, and saturday are "keep" days, correct?

T
The Nothing
correct