The time has come

• Salem

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Albany

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
K
Kodiak
OK OFFer's Thomas Creek Outfitters is looking for a permanent home in the mid valley. We are currently looking at Salem or Albany.

Salem has a larger population base, higher per capita income, but also has a major sporting goods retailer, and one other custom shop. It has aclose proximity to Stayton, Dallas, 15 min to woodburn, and Silverton. It is on the way to Lincoln City (Salmon river, nestucca, lower siletz).

Albany has no other sporting goods retailers (G.I. joes going out of business), one small shop in Philomath, and close proximity to Lebanon and Corvallis, 35 mins to Eugene, 25 mins to Salem, and one the way to the Alsea, upper Siletz, south fork of the Santiam.

G
grampa ron
new location

new location

Why not one in Eugene? I would be a good person to help with that.

Ron

C
Combat Chuck
I would love a tackle shop in Albany... you'd probably become my favorite store here ;)

T
The Nothing
I'd be willing to drive to Salem to check the place out, but not likely to go much further...

K
Kodiak
Hang out

Hang out

We are going to try and turn it into a kind of guy's hang out/tree fort/thing. We want to do our gear, rods, reels, random assorted stuff, a deli ( get your lunch to go at 5:00 am) with beer and wine license. Put in a big screen plasma get pay per view stuff, be able to make spinners right there, meet your bros. It will take time to get all that, but we will get there. Just trying to see where the most support would be.

M
meluvtrout
Kodiak said:
We are going to try and turn it into a kind of guy's hang out/tree fort/thing. We want to do our gear, rods, reels, random assorted stuff, a deli ( get your lunch to go at 5:00 am) with beer and wine license. Put in a big screen plasma get pay per view stuff, be able to make spinners right there, meet your bros. It will take time to get all that, but we will get there. Just trying to see where the most support would be.
Well, if you put it that way then what are you guys doing in Salem?? Come to Clackamas! :D

C
Combat Chuck
No more probably... you would be my favorite store in Oregon. :D

T
The Nothing
I know a large space next to Fishermans that will be available soon :)

F
FishSchooler
meluvtrout said:
Well, if you put it that way then what are you guys doing in Salem?? Come to Clackamas! :D

Yeah! The Joes is the only sports store around within a 10 mile radius that I know of! And we do have more members up here I think... ;)

J
JeannaJigs
Kodiak said:

Ahem!! coughsexistcough! lol. I vote for Albany because it's closer to Eugene, and I'd totally drive to Albany for some of those good looking spinners, but Salem is too far, and there's other stuff in Salem and PDX...and well the southern end of the valley is feeling left out.

A
Anyfishisfine
Both are too far for regular business, but I'd make a point to stop in when in the area.

I can't help but think Albany would give you a more captive audience, and it would be easier to get the word out. People will notice a new shop in Albany, not so much in Salem.

F
FishSchooler
JeannaJigs said:
Ahem!! coughsexistcough! lol. I vote for Albany because it's closer to Eugene, and I'd totally drive to Albany for some of those good looking spinners, but Salem is too far, and there's other stuff in Salem and PDX...and well the southern end of the valley is feeling left out.

Dont you have cabelas and sportmans and stuff like that? Since joes is leaving, us LOers (anyfishisfine/I) have almost nothing within a 20 min drive besides big 5 which has nothing.

O
osmosis
If you move to salem, I'd swing by all the time to interrupt your work. but if it's down in albany I'd pretty much catch you on my way to the coast.

J
JeannaJigs
FishSchooler said:
Dont you have cabelas and sportmans and stuff like that? Since joes is leaving, us LOers (anyfishisfine/I) have almost nothing within a 20 min drive besides big 5 which has nothing.
We have bi-mart and wal-mart (cringe). that's it. Joes is almost gonezo. There's a fly shop, and a small tackle shop called two bros, but their selection is getting slim, and the guy at the fly shop is horrible, so I avoid it like the plague. The nearest cabelas I think is in washington? That's like 150 miles away, and the nearest sportsmans was salem, 70 miles away.

So for the population, Eugene is severely lacking in supply.

F
FishSchooler
JeannaJigs said:
We have bi-mart and wal-mart (cringe). that's it. Joes is almost gonezo. There's a fly shop, and a small tackle shop called two bros, but their selection is getting slim, and the guy at the fly shop is horrible, so I avoid it like the plague. The nearest cabelas I think is in washington? That's like 150 miles away, and the nearest sportsmans was salem, 70 miles away.

So for the population, Eugene is severely lacking in supply.

Well atleast you ahve bi-mart and wal-mart. What do we have? Oh yeah... theres dick's at the mall...,

M
metalmania
meluvtrout said:

You said it man.

K
Kodiak
So far it looks like a three way tie between clackamas, salem and albany...could make a case for a fourth store in Eugene....what to do....Trying to figure this all out driving me crazy.

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
So far it looks like a three way tie between clackamas, salem and albany...could make a case for a fourth store in Eugene....what to do....Trying to figure this all out driving me crazy.

When AA chimes in.... ;) and fishfinger...;)

F
Fishtopher
Yall are lookin' at the small picture....What you are talking about Kodiak would revolutionize the "tackle shop". Were talking ground breaking...There is no other place in the NW like you described.
You put one on 82nd Ave here in Portland, either on the North end, close to the Columbia, and the Sandy to an extent, and all those rivers in Wa., or on the South end, close to the Clackamas, Willamette, E.Creek, and just think of all the guys swingin' through in the morning on their way to the ramp:dance:....do you hear that....thats the sound of your brother drowning in money:shock:...go save him! :lol:
Besides, if you set up in Portland, with all the biz, you could soon be talking stores in Salem, Albany, and Springfield...
On another point, hurry up, I need a part time job...that'd be great...bartender/twister/tester...ok now I'm drooling.

Troutski
Troutski
Springfield...

Springfield...

I like most of the people in this area are severely limited, we have a bi-mart and Wally world (yuck). This leaves no one to take our money....have a little heart and put your store here...the base is here and so should you be:dance:
You could even sell real fuel for boats...you know the real gasoline. I know I would be sending an allotment to you straight from my paycheck, you could just credit my account;). Fresh bait...be still my heart. Down here fresh bait is sold by Berkley and it comes in a small jar;) The fly shops don't carry much for us low life anglers...and if you do dare venture into one ...well lets just say I don't any longer.

Chuck

Top Bottom