The summers are here!!

S
Steelheader4Life
Hi all,

Just though I'd share a couple pics of some fresh summers my brother and I got into today. Spinners and yarn balls claimed these 3.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking fish guys!

B
bigdog
Nice fish bro. I know that background shot from anywhere. I wish I lived closer to that area so could go more often but with fish like that I might need to make my way out there next weekend.

F
FishAssassin
Nice fish! Fresh steel is a guaranteed good time! :clap:

N
nwkiller
nice work boys

O
Outdoor_Myers
is that near some Hebo place on 3 rivers or nestucca? im gonna try and find a place to fish around there soon. great job though...sheridan and huddleston just doesn't do it for me lol.

S
SantiamDrifter
Outdoor_Myers said:
is that near some Hebo place on 3 rivers or nestucca? im gonna try and find a place to fish around there soon. great job though...sheridan and huddleston just doesn't do it for me lol.

Thats nestucca river outfitters. Right at the junction of 22 and 101. Go on in, Pats decent people, he'll help you out some.

C
Cohosanders
Those are great looking chromers. Great pictures too!!!! WAY2GO

S
Steelheader4Life
Outdoor_Myers said:

Yes, it is at the bait shop in Hebo. If you head over there I would fish the lower Nestucca anywhere from the 1st bridge down. Anywhere on Three Rivers will also give you a good chance at a fresh summer. Right now the Nestucca is the place to be. Over the last 3 weeks my bro and I have have landed 11 steelhead. A mix of winters and summers and now there's even a chance or a springer!!!

O
Outdoor_Myers
wow! well im not from around here and will probably get lossed and less to say I dont have the right rod and reel for that kind of fishing and probably tackle :( but hopefully soon!

S
steelhead_stalkers
It looks like a pretty small river, what do you like to use there?

S
SantiamDrifter
steelhead_stalkers said:
It looks like a pretty small river, what do you like to use there?

Are you talking about 3 rivers?

B
BlackBass
Great looking fish good job on getting some chrome. I dont see three fish, i see two fish. :) Two pictures whith the same individual fish , one taken with a freind and his fish still adds up to two fish .Did you catch them in Three Rivers?

Y
youngbuck307
you can fish it with jigs if thats what your asking lol all i have got them on.... but im a fan of jig fishing... now trying to get some more drift fishing. you can drift it to really nice streaces to drift in that arent snaggy at all

O
Outdoor_Myers
I just need to get over there and look at the river, will I need waders for 3 rivers? because i dont have any lol

S
steelhead_stalkers
SantiamDrifter said:
Are you talking about 3 rivers?

Either 3 rivers or nestucca which ever. We would be at it on the bank and it would be nice to fish a smaller river for summers. :)

S
SantiamDrifter
First, you can fish 3 rivers with out waders as theres not much water to cover. The upper nestucca you need some waders, but its summer so its all good to get wet.

As for fishing the big river, theres more bank access up high then down low, but some of the best producing holes are right at the mouth of 3river and the hatchery hole. But you wont be alone, not even on christmas. Trust me, I know lol.

There's the 101 bridge past the bait shop that has a nice hole undernieth the bridge before you drive over. Then at farmers creek boat ramp, nice couple holes. Then 1st bridge has a nice slot you can hit from the bank. Majority of the bank access is above 4th bridge tho.

Chad, PM me when you guys hit the nestucca. I'll be spiltin my time between the N.santiam and there.

S
Steelheader4Life
Right now it's still winter conditions and I've caught them on anything and everything (yarns balls, spinners, pink worms, jigs, and bait). Once the water gets low I don't fish Three Rivers and also the Springers wil be showing up and that always brings a huge crowd which sends me over to the Nestucca. Lately it's been all about the spinners and yarns balls but once the water drops I'll be switching over to jigs. Last year 75% of the summers I got into were taken on a black or pink/black jig. When the water gets low there's nothing better.

S
Steelheader4Life
BlackBass said:
Great looking fish good job on getting some chrome. I dont see three fish, i see two fish. :) Two pictures whith the same individual fish , one taken with a freind and his fish still adds up to two fish .Did you catch them in Three Rivers?

Both were taken on the Nestucca.

B
BlackBass
Nice im heading out the door to fish the mouth . Spinners and yarnballs it is. Your right about the water conditions its still winter fishing conditions. Thanks for the report