The Slaw was good today

S
Santiam338
For Bro Ken and I going 3 for 3...

Try as I might I just could not find that 4th fish to finish it out...But am happy nonetheless..:D

We tried a little bit of everything today but all fish were caught on yarnies...I love yarnies...The simplest thing there is and its deadly..:dance:

Snapshot-12_zps5e2ec08e.jpg

IMG_3488_zpsfdc8a149.jpg

Reactions: Scott M
R
RunWithSasquatch
Awesome fish Bill, glad you guys got some action.... Nice photo on the top too...

How're them waders workin out? haha

S
Santiam338
RunWithSasquatch said:
Awesome fish Bill, glad you guys got some action.... Nice photo on the top too...

How're them waders workin out? haha

All fixed and bone dry...:lol:

Y
Yogidabear
Nice fish. can't wait to go.

P
plumb2fish
Looks like a great day Bill. If that take out is where I think it is, I love that float, usually only one or two other boats on a busy day.

E
eugene1
Very sweet and nice action shot there! How big was the big one, looks pretty sizable?

S
Scott M
Very Nice Fish!! And, the sun was out!!

B
billfisher
Nice fish!

S
Santiam338
plumb2fish said:
Looks like a great day Bill. If that take out is where I think it is, I love that float, usually only one or two other boats on a busy day.

Couple boats on the top half,after that, SOLITUDE!!.. Thats why I chose that one...LOL

J
JeannaJigs
Top picture is rad

S
Santiam338
JeannaJigs said:
Top picture is rad

That's about as high as I have seen one jump :shock:...He would have put a hot summer to shame..LOL

Back after them tomorrow...Even though the slaw was good,the broodstock up north are calling to me..:dance:

H
halibuthitman
3 for 3.... a perfect game! love that airborne shot..

F
fuson22
I've been floatin/bank fishin the Slaw at Whitikar down past wildcat and havn't had anything substantial since early Jan... I'm hoping with the recent rain then the rain stopping that sat & sun will be better. Not to ask where you were, but were you in that general area? I was gonna say F it and hit up Lake creek, but I KNOW the steelies are in there. Just waiting for it to get hott! hopefully the time has come...

S
Santiam338
fuson22 said:
I've been floatin/bank fishin the Slaw at Whitikar down past wildcat and havn't had anything substantial since early Jan... I'm hoping with the recent rain then the rain stopping that sat & sun will be better. Not to ask where you were, but were you in that general area? I was gonna say F it and hit up Lake creek, but I KNOW the steelies are in there. Just waiting for it to get hott! hopefully the time has come...

Not to far from there...

What goes around comes around...3 for 3 Thursday and 0 for 3 today...They just wouldn't stay on ...LOL

Next time...

R
rippin fish lips
Santiam338 said:
Not to far from there...

What goes around comes around...3 for 3 Thursday and 0 for 3 today...They just wouldn't stay on ...LOL

Next time...

atleast you found some willing biters! Tell me your holes! :p lol. Joking of course! Had no takers today, it was saddening =/ Still love this game and always will (skunked or not)!!

S
SteelyDan's
Yup me too. I was on a pretty good run but they gotta end sooner or later right?

S
Santiam338
So me and Bro Ken took our sister out on her very first steelhead trip...The fishing was tough but we worked hard on getting her onto a fish..

Then we did..A big one too...The fight was on...

Snapshot-15_zps34ace430.jpg

The drag was a little tight and I wanted her to loosen it up a bit...

She went the wrong way and tightened it..

Snapshot-16_zpse54933a6.jpg

Hmmmm!!! That didn't work...LOL Easy come,easy go...

Snapshot-17_zps8ff3105c.jpg

This is NOT the Slaw...LOL

J
JeannaJigs
haha looks like she took that loss fairly well. i can't say i would lol