The Siletz

R
RIVERFISHER
was thinking about goin to the siletz this sunday.. is there any fish there yet or am i wasting my time.. was gonna hit moonshine park and thn up some gravel road...

J
Johnny Southpaw
Yeah, there're some winter steel up there already, not in huge numbers but they're there (a buddy caught a nice Chromer on Monday right around Moonshine). Still some Coho and Summer steel there too. Good luck if you go.

R
RIVERFISHER
Johnny Southpaw said:
Yeah, there're some winter steel up there already, not in huge numbers but they're there (a buddy caught a nice Chromer on Monday right around Moonshine). Still some Coho and Summer steel there too. Good luck if you go.

thanks i appreciate it.. hopefully the weather lets me make it there.. never been so want to try pretty bad..u live in that area?

R
RIVERFISHER
well heading out in about 3 and a half hours.. hate nights b4 a fishing trip i can never sleep damnit,... well hopefully i will have some pics when im back....

J
Johnny Southpaw
RIVERFISHER said:
thanks i appreciate it.. hopefully the weather lets me make it there.. never been so want to try pretty bad..u live in that area?

No problem. Actually was up there today and hooked two fish, landed one. A nice summer steelhead actually. I'll have pics up tomorrow some time. Good luck out there Riverfisher. Let us know how you do. Oh, I live about an hour and a half from the gorge, in Corvallis.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Hit the Siletz yesterday for some early winters, but ended up landing my first summer fish:D! Also my first fish on a bobber and jig setup
What a beautiful day it was. Five fish hooked between my buddy and I, two to the bank. Four hooked on bobber/jig setup, one on a homemade spinner.

YouTube - Patrick's first summer steelhead

S
steelhead_stalkers
Don't spread lies jigs dont work! ;) Good job out there!

J
Johnny Southpaw
steelhead_stalkers said:

Jigs really don't work.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I don't recommend them to anyone:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Fibber

Fibber

steelhead_stalkers said:

Liar,liar pants on fire :naughty: :lol: :lol:

R
RIVERFISHER
Johnny Southpaw said:
Hit the Siletz yesterday for some early winters, but ended up landing my first summer fish:D! Also my first fish on a bobber and jig setup
What a beautiful day it was. Five fish hooked between my buddy and I, two to the bank. Four hooked on bobber/jig setup, one on a homemade spinner.

YouTube - Patrick's first summer steelhead

well didn't hook nuthin.. guess i didn't use the right stuff. o well it was still fun and man what a beautiful river. ill hafta hook up with ya next time we go and you will hafta show me where and what to use.. anyways nice fish..:clap:

C
Chrome_Chaser
You'll get 'em next time.

J
JeannaJigs
I'm thinkin' of driftin' this river sometime in January if time allows. Got a map of it....looks like quite a few oppurtunities, and some nice fish.

J
Johnny Southpaw
RIVERFISHER said:
well didn't hook nuthin.. guess i didn't use the right stuff. o well it was still fun and man what a beautiful river. ill hafta hook up with ya next time we go and you will hafta show me where and what to use.. anyways nice fish..:clap:

don't fret riverfisher. i've logged many river hours on this river with little to show; all that work is just now starting to pay OFF! i use spinners and recently added bobber/jig to my arsenal-that's it at this point. keep working hard, it will pay off.

R
RIVERFISHER
Chrome_Chaser said:
You'll get 'em next time.

ya we will get em next time.. if you ever decide to go fishing again...