The pond next to Corvallis on highway 34

N
nyersa
Went back to the pond with a dozen worms and my 4 year old. We saw a ton of large carp jumping, but after a few minutes targeting them switched over to fishing for panfish/bass. She ended up catching at least 8 bluegills in under 30 minutes. While they wernt biguns, it was sure fun to watch her light up and shout "another one daddy!". I went down around the west end of the pond to where the trees come out and overhang the water.

B
bigsteel
i was just curious how do you get to the pond,,,i am looking for a place to fish around albany....

M
Mike123
I'm told by my father this is owned by Knife River(Morse Bros)....

They don't care that you fish it?

T
TTFishon
Mike123 said:
I'm told by my father this is owned by Knife River(Morse Bros)....

They don't care that you fish it?

I think your dad's right. They have a couple of really nice looking ponds at their site too. While waiting in line for a load of asphalt this summer I was practically drooling while I watched the fish activity in their back pond.

M
Mike123
TTFishon said:
I think your dad's right. They have a couple of really nice looking ponds at their site too. While waiting in line for a load of asphalt this summer I was practically drooling while I watched the fish activity in their back pond.
Yea my dad worked for Morse Bros for 20 years at the Albany plant.. he just retired from driving truck.

nyersa said:
One of the ponds is open to the public, the others are private, at least thats my understanding... checkout this post

Hmmm.. that is pretty cool that they do that. I know they are super up tight about not letting anyone hunt or fish on their property anymore. WAYYY back when you could fill out a permit to fish. We got access to the entire Albany plant since my dad ran loader there. My dad dug a lot of the ponds in Albany and some of the ones here in Lebanon. He told me most of them are DEEP.

N
nyersa
Sort of along this line, does anyone have any suggestions of places nearby Corvallis to do some winter trout fishing?