The most worthless place to fish...maybe?

C
chrisohm
So today wasn't bad to start off with, besides all the Duck and Beaver fans on I-5. I caught a blue gill in about 5 min with a Blue Fox spinner. Then I heard of what pond they stocked trout in and went for it! I got a few bites here and there. The bad part: my son wasn't listening and I was pushed out of my spot by some Russians who were overfishing their limits.:mad: This jerk caught his limit in 20 min and continued to pull in more and called his friends over basically pushing me out of the spot I had.:mad:

So my question is Where can I get in some good Bass fishing without being overcrowded by jerks? What ponds are better for bass at St. Louis Ponds? I live in Canby...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

M
Markcanby
Try going over to St. Paul there is a nice lake over there with nice fish I hear. I have not had any luck but have not been over since it warmed up this spring.

C
chrisohm
There is Connor Lake and Horseshoe? Which one do you mean?

T
The Tightest Line
St Louis is kind of a joke now. I used to go there a lot but the people who are jerks there ruin it for everyone. U can try ponds by the willamette by the independence bridge,

C
chrisohm
I will have to check out that bridge sometime soon. I also drive over the Santiam via I-5 and wonder about the rest stop next to the river. Is this a good place to fish?

M
Markcanby
chrisohm said:
There is Connor Lake and Horseshoe? Which one do you mean?

Its Misson Creek its off of Buyserie RD

C
chrisohm
Markcanby said:
Its Misson Creek its off of Buyserie RD

Very cool, thank you!

A
adambomb
Go down to Molalla River State park and fish the little pond with a dock on it. There are largemouth bass, bluegill, black crappie and an occasional warm mouth.

C
chrisohm
adambomb said:
Go down to Molalla River State park and fish the little pond with a dock on it. There are largemouth bass, bluegill, black crappie and an occasional warm mouth.

Do you mean the neatly hidden little pond on your left when you enter? I never knew there were fish in there. I have never seen anyone fish there, ever. I have fished off the tires by the boat ramp with no luck, just testing out some spinners. I got my line tangled while a bass jumped 12' away.

M
Markcanby
Yeah thats the spot. I told Adam he was crazy but there are fish in there. Not much good now cause all the weeds. Better early spring pond before everything warms up.

C
chrisohm
Markcanby said:
Yeah thats the spot. I told Adam he was crazy but there are fish in there. Not much good now cause all the weeds. Better early spring pond before everything warms up.

I will have to keep that in mind. Not to get off subject but what about spots along the Mollala River? I have seen some bass here and there jumping around at dusk from Molalla River State Park all the way to goods bridge. I hear it may be a good spot for some steelhead and salmon....