The Mighty Slaw

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
This River refuses to get down to a fishable level, i know it is at a good level to bring the steelies in but the problem is it is moving way to fast to fish :sad: so i am hoping that it will drop in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for upcoming reports!

C_Run
C_Run
I'm not familiar with the Slaw except what I can see from my windshield but do people there plunk spin and glows for steelhead when it is high? Never done it myself but heard that's a tactic for high water on some rivers.

Last edited:
hobster
hobster
8 ft. is actually a great level up near the trap, but fish are probably few and far between there. Haven't been out yet this year, it's still so early in the season, work is slow and gas is still expensive. I'll bet it's pretty fast and brown downriver, the Willy is chocolate around here. Supposed to rain a lot this coming week, I imagine it will just get worse. This is my favorite run for sure, so stoked for the winters to come in! Do you usually fish downriver or hit Whitaker? I plan on being out there a lot this winter :thumb:

jamisonace
jamisonace
Water level is less important than clarity. It's always possible to find holding water. Sometimes it's even more obvious during higher flows.

S
Steel4life
With that being said, I talked to the STEP volunteers, they said the trap should be set up by the end of the week because the school kids that do the salmon veiwing , had seen two steelhead in the creek. Anyways, what's the color looking like? I plan on plucking if the water has cleared up if just a bit since Thursday.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Fished it yesterday after tagging out on siltcoos in 45 minutes. Was more brown than I'd like but the cutthroat saw our plugs so I'm guessing steelhead would too. Didn't touch any big fish.

S
Steel4life
Wonderful, that's good enough for me. Thanks for the update.

J
JonT
Fish near the banks, like ridiculously close.