The M River still ragin'

Fishnbuck
Fishnbuck
The boy had to log 2 hours for PE today to finish OFF his first semester of High School, so we decided to walk/hike to the Mighty Molalla River at the HWY 211 bridge. The water was green and/or clear but still high and fast. We went upstream to the first hard bend, and it was very evident it had blown out quite a bit. There were a few bank collapses, and several downed trees. Someone had a camp set up that got obliterated, their clothing, tent, and miscellaneous items were strewn about along the bank in the brush, logs and river. The tent was stuck in a log jam in the water with so much sand built up in it I could barely pull it out. We threw spoons, yarnies, jigs and a jerk bait, all for not. Did not see any rollers, or anything else indicating the presence of fish. Luckily it's a 30-40 walk from the house making it a convenient way to accumulate hours for the boy's PE credit, and get our lines wet. We keep a close eye on the fish counts and water level charts, hopefully the counts will pick up as expected now that Feb has arrived. With any luck the water will stabilize at the same time. Tight lines everyone.

Troutski
Troutski
Teacher...

Teacher...

You a teacher...?

Chuck

Fishnbuck
Fishnbuck
No Chuck, I am not a teacher (at least not by trade). My son does his classwork online, and I stay at home to provide guidance and supervision.

P
pinstriper
Wow. An engaged parent who expects his kid to do their work.

Troutski
Troutski
Kudos....

Kudos....

Fishnbuck said:
No Chuck, I am not a teacher (at least not by trade). My son does his classwork online, and I stay at home to provide guidance and supervision.

Good for your son, nothing works like a parent who is involved... Kudos to you Sir...

Chuck

Fishnbuck
Fishnbuck
Thanks guys

Fishnbuck
Fishnbuck
Chromebook wigged out and I duplicated my post, I can't find an undo button. This will have to do ;)

Last edited: