The love of fishing shoved right down your throat

N
nwkiller
well the only time i can get my girl out to the water is if the sun is shining and the fish are biting....well today was the day, me and the lady were fortunate enough to fish the chateau lorane private lake (family friend) we fished from about 10am to 3pm. I new where a nice bass was hiding so i geared up her rod and gave her a couple tips to get the bite......while rigging up our other rods with various baits i hear " i got him!" i look over to see her rod bent hard and pumping to the bottom, "fight him, fight him" i said, after about what seemed forever when your not behind the rod we got her to the bank, a nice 3+ pound LMB 5 minutes into fishing, shoulda seen the smile on her face, she coudnt wait to throw another worm on her hook. we were pretty much getting fish all day, tons of some of the biggest blue gils ive ever caught 10-12 inches and around a pound give or take, we caught plenty of small bass, and one more in the three pound range. also caught 3 cutthroats (we take good care of these fish, the owner wants to get them thriving, so they get released with the best care) one cutty was the biggest trout ive caught out of there and got it on a freakin plastic bass jig!!! it measured 18 1/4 she was a beauty...all in all i think it was my girls best day fishing, and everyday is the best day for me, a trip like this just shoves the love for fishing right down your throat!!!!

Last edited:
M
Mattdm22
Makes me want to pack up my gear and head out!

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like a blast. my other half is the same way. won't come out fishing until the summer. makes me jealous of your private access.

N
nwkiller
yeah, its a tricky access...sometimes the owners in a good mood sometimes he isn't lol

troutdude
troutdude
Wow...wonder if you broke the state record for 'gills???

Nope, sorry. That record is 2 lbs. and 5.5 ounces. But, those are still bigguns!

N
nwkiller
i know, thats funny because i was thinking that the number of blue gils we caught that were a pounder or over shows to me that there could be that 2#er! hopefully i can hook a real beast, those fish have been in there since before they bought the lake with no pressure, the guy that owned it before them never went there, we had a place in alaska and florida...so who knows

N
nwkiller
and i will be sure to get a picture of one and post it on this thread

troutdude
troutdude
The current record is from a farm pond, and is from 1981.

I don't doubt that there is a new record out there somewhere...so go get it my friend!!!

N
nwkiller
well went back to the private lake today, wanted to get pic of those beautiful good sized blue gill......first cast my girl gets the beauty beast on....couldnt believe it!
lorane002.jpg
lorane001.jpg
Ended up catching a couple nice bass and a few amzing cutthroat, my friend ended up hooking i nice 17 inch cutt, that put on a show in front of all of us by the dock.
lorane003.jpg
we even got a great pic of her swimming away....she swam away nice and slow as if too say "no problem"
lorane006.jpg
enjoy

Last edited:
A
autofisher
Lookin good man. I haven't caught a blue gill in forever it seems.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
nwkiller said:
yeah, its a tricky access...sometimes the owners in a good mood sometimes he isn't lol

hehe good times.