The last last trip to Basstopia

F
Finneus Polebender
Well have officially caught my latest LM ever ,and more than one thanks to TR . Thought this mornin could be a very cold wet proposition instead the gods smiled down upon us! No reel monsters but after landing a three lber less than 20 minutes into the day on the big ol swim bait was able to give that one a full day of attention . Great deal cause I was rewarded with 2 more 4 lbers later in the day , TR and I landed 4 others on the jigs and think we missed as many as we caught today too. Match that up with as good of weather as one could hope for in late november. Blue sky and mirrror glass water till almost noon , and I would have to say it was another perfect one. Thanks again for a great day TR ,thanks for the tips and catchin that 10 lber Colby P "you got TR thinkin bass again" . Will close with some pics and some rumors of CP TR FP vs. TT TS R808 for a spring opener next year Basstopia 11-20-11 001.jpgBasstopia 11-20-11 004.jpgBasstopia 11-20-11 002.jpgBasstopia 11-20-11 007.jpgBasstopia 11-20-11 006.jpgBasstopia 11-20-11 003.jpgBasstopia 11-20-11 005.jpg

T
tomriker
yup, no lunkers, just more babies :( thanks for comming out for one last try

T
Throbbit _Shane
those are some good looking babies :D

what a nice bass lake u got. im jealous

F
Finneus Polebender
Throbbit _Shane said:
those are some good looking babies :D

what a nice bass lake u got. im jealous

And you know who the letters TS refer to right :cool::cool::cool:

O
OnTheFly
Why the last trip? It looks like it's still good. Does that piece of water close up or something?

F
Finneus Polebender
No it is private and the man in charge is hanging it up for now or at least till Colby catches another monster and gets him excited again! LOL I will be fishin my ponds till they freeze this year am going for a LM catch in dec !

T
Throbbit _Shane
rumors of CP TR FP vs. TT TS R808 for a spring opener next year

Finneus Polebender said:
And you know who the letters TS refer to right :cool::cool::cool:

I hope there is a handicap haha :D well if u and TT and anyone else come to Selmac next year, i want CP on my team!

T
tomriker
Well who knows FP, maybe a nice day in December we can try again. And Shane all you need to get a pond like mine is be a farmer and take a piece of land and start digging! That's all we did :)

F
Finneus Polebender
Throbbit _Shane said:
I hope there is a handicap haha :D well if u and TT and anyone else come to Selmac next year, i want CP on my team!

Yeah well I am just well lucky the host has picked CP for the obvious reasons. I think I am the handicap for that boat LOL. Who knows he may throw me in with you and TT and take 808 then we will need at least a 6 fish or 18 lb spread to have a prayer LOL.

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
Well who knows FP, maybe a nice day in December we can try again. And Shane all you need to get a pond like mine is be a farmer and take a piece of land and start digging! That's all we did :)
Will bring the snow suit LOL

T
tomriker
Oh come on I never catch any fish! I just play guide! Maybe in January we will go try and catch us some triploids ;)

F
Finneus Polebender
Now you might as well roll into feb for some of that spinner bait bass action and you know I am in all the way!

T
TTFishon
Wow!!! Pretty good action for November!!! Did you guys see any triploids rising?

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Wow!!! Pretty good action for November!!! Did you guys see any triploids rising?

We kept seeing boils of water with no birds around mostly in the mornin and in fairly random open spots . Dont know if thet were the trout but they werent happening where we would normally see bass movin.

R
ryan808
Good catch guys, basstopia has done it again. Yeah we really need to get a tournament going, it would be a blast.

T
tomriker
my fishfinder was dead and i didn't notice till we were already out on the water. i wanted to try and find some of those trout and catch me one

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
swimbait fish 3;16 rising son suweet!

Actually a K9 7" brown trout pattern suweet none the less , will be stocking up on these critters! Any recomendations on other colors / patterns to try . Like the curly tails too but they just dont hold up . The K9 got hit like 6 times with not even a battle scar on it FP likes a lot. may get a couple of the 8.5 " ones too, the swimbait bite is right in there with the topwater rush! they are a bit of a workout to throw all day !

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Actually a K9 7" brown trout pattern suweet none the less , will be stocking up on these critters! Any recomendations on other colors / patterns to try . Like the curly tails too but they just dont hold up . The K9 got hit like 6 times with not even a battle scar on it FP likes a lot. may get a couple of the 8.5 " ones too, the swimbait bite is right in there with the topwater rush! they are a bit of a workout to throw all day !

yep haha sweet and ya i forgot the rising son is a full body lol, awesome i would stick to trout and bluegill colors mostly

C
colbypearson
"CP TR FP vs. TT TS R808 for a spring opener next year"

hahahaha lets do it !!!

R
ryan808
can't wait... Haha I already see a new swimbait rod coming to my arsenal..:lol: