The lake is OPEN!

E
eggs
Just opened up.. sounds like the campgrounds past the resort are still snowed in, but I am sure will be open soon with melting snow..

Welcome - Olallie Lake Resort LLC

Lets get fishing!

N
n8r1
Awesome news! I love Olallie Lake, it's so pristine and beautiful.

Just don't go hiking around there for a little while longer. Almost exactly 1 year ago we tried that and got horribly lost due to unusually high amounts of snow. This year the snowpack is even higher, so I would wait for a few more weeks before venturing out on the Pacific Crest Trail or the other hiking areas around that.

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
i am thinking about going up this weekend.. loading the boat up and rowing over to camp 10 or Penn. and setup camp w/ the whole half of the lake to myself!

Reactions: n8r1
N
n8r1
That sounds sweet! Especially the part about having the whole lake to yourself. As long as that access road that circles the lake is blocked off, you shouldn't see anybody.

B
beaverfan
Heck yes, I'm gonna try to go up tomorrow!

troutdude
troutdude
I went there once about 20 or 30 years ago. It is a really nice place. Quite and pristine...or at least it was back then.

I also went for a swim, and saw lots of large trout down deep that day. We didn't catch any on that trip, but what an awesome corner of our state.

Hope you do well Beaverfan.

P
Pita
This is the road around the lake, as of last Tuesday (a week ago today). I parked about 1/4 mile from the resort and hiked back in to Peninsula. Took this just before reaching Camp Ten. This snow was very packed, very deep and very everywhere. Some spots as deep as eight or nine feet. :confused:

Water temp was about 45 degrees at noon, when the atmosphere warmed up to about 70. Slow biting at all of my usual spots with rivers of snow melt running across the road dumping into the lake. There will definitely be some new monster potholes between campgrounds this year.

I was feeling sorry for the poor folks that own the resort - they're having a tough time yet again.

All in all, five brookies caught over two half days of fishing - all between 14-19 inches.

L
lilsalmon
I love that place....need to get up there while I still have Jeanna's toon...hehe...thanks Jeanna....course I have my favorite spot that I wade to also....I think I will wait until some more of the snow is gone.....