the Fall River -

J
joesnuffy
Any of you ever hit the Fall River? A few friends and I hit this for a weekend in July. This river is only about 9 miles long and flows directly into the Dechutes. (Near La Pine)

Regulations make this a Barbless - Flyfishing only river. (this is ok by me :p)

Ice Cold, Crystal Clear water allows you to spotfish for BIG Rainbows.

I was there for two days and could never catch a fish on anything that wasn't large and ugly. Big bead nymphs and heavy streamers were the only way to intice a bite.

Lots of underwater logs that the fish would hide under and make for difficult spotting.

I would recommend this to anybody that hasn't fished this water before.

Things to bring: Bug Repelant

2668617246_073dfd2bc6.jpg

2668615558_a19d60de23.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Another great eastside asset

Another great eastside asset

WOW!! Thanks for sharing the great pics! :clap: I have a feeling you are going to be a great asset to the forum. Keep the questions (and pics) coming. :D
Barb

Troutski
Troutski
Line burners...

Line burners...

Yea I have fished it before, there are some "reel" line burners in that body of water, like you said there is a ton of down timber and this translates into structure thus larger fish...very beautiful place.. I haven't fished it for a few years, it changed after the fire and I never went back.. Nice to hear it is back to its grandeur..keep us posted and tight lines to you.

Chuck

F
FishSchooler
Very very beautiful little river, i wish we had some rivers up here like that... :)

G
gangavan
A good way to get the rainbows schooled in front of the hatchery pens is to use a dry fly for an indicator and drop off of that a zebra nymph. But the secret is grab a hand full of the pea gravel and toss it in on top of the school as the fly passes over, they go crazy hitting the surface thinking that you are feeding them.

18406ej
18406ej
Great shots- thanks for the post!

J
joesnuffy
I never thought to chum with gravel. lol

some of the fish there at the hatchery were amazing.

G
gangavan
I figured it out on accident while I was bored not getting a bite, so I threw some rocks at them and they went crazy trying to eat them.

F
FishSchooler
Lol... stockers have some really weirdish habbits...