The acid ball at riverfront park salem

M
mrlindeman
I will be fishing this spot today. I wont be fishing the creek, I think its illegal. I was thinking of just using worms and such. Has anyone fished this spot? I usually have a lot of luck at the dock.

Here is the report

Last edited:
18406ej
18406ej
I have caught some good trout there on spinners/spoons- Good luck today!

M
mrlindeman
oh wow there are trout in there? I did not even know that! Sweet!!!!!!! Thanks man!

T
TJR_84
I fish that spot often, if you cast in to the tail of the current with a worm you can pic up some nice smallies, Also if you can get above creek to the slough side the water is pretty deep were the river drops in, another good smallie spot. Good luck.

M
mrlindeman
Karen got a big prob 1.5 LB squaw at the back tailout. I got one smallmouth at the dock later on. Got some good small stream drift practice. It was a great day. Karen got burnt bad though lol. No trout though.
mysmallmouth.png

karensbigsquaw.png

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
Bud..... That is a Largemouth, Smallmouth have a bronze back, I thought it was a Smallmouth while you were fighting it.

I'm tellin you Bud, I can garauntee you that I am about the only person on this forum that has been dedicated to the area between the dock and Minto from the shore for about 5 years now, I told you in the text message, Out of the 10 years and probably 1200 days I have fished, I learned 95% of what I know on my own, point is, if you want to fish like everyone else, ask away, but if you want to learn how to fish your own way, you gotta accept trial and error (aka don't ask, get out and do it and learn from it), the only way to find out what works is to cancel out what doesn't work, kinda like our ol' buddy Thomas Edison once said "I didn't fail, I just found 1,000 ways that don't work".

Last edited:
M
mrlindeman
Well said my friend :)