That was dumb

T
turkey thug
Well drove down from seattle to stay with my buddy and decided to do some springer fishing. I spent about eighty dollars on gear, another 30 on a two day license and hoped to get lucky. He lives in grants pass, but i headed up to the cole creek fish hatchery. Well when i got there i realized basically everyone is snagging them. As far down to shady cove everyone was just using a little bit of weight ang a sharp hook. Some had a bead above them and some had yarn. But to a t every fishermen said, "just make sure your hook is sharp. It was alright, I struck out, but I had higher hopes than to just "snag" a fish. Sure its in his mouth, but just two much luck driven. Somebody correct me if im wrong please. I hope I am.

T
turkey thug
The kicker was I could have spent about four dollars on hooks and beads

T
Throbbit _Shane
You are right. Everyone up there is snagging and or flossing. Kinda weird to see. And i wouldnt want to try using a different technique at the hatchery hole.

Even some of the drift boats are snagging its really a shame...

Luckily my friends have boats and know how to get them to bite.

M
Mad dog
turkey thug said:
Well drove down from seattle to stay with my buddy and decided to do some springer fishing. I spent about eighty dollars on gear, another 30 on a two day license and hoped to get lucky. He lives in grants pass, but i headed up to the cole creek fish hatchery. Well when i got there i realized basically everyone is snagging them. As far down to shady cove everyone was just using a little bit of weight ang a sharp hook. Some had a bead above them and some had yarn. But to a t every fishermen said, "just make sure your hook is sharp. It was alright, I struck out, but I had higher hopes than to just "snag" a fish. Sure its in his mouth, but just two much luck driven. Somebody correct me if im wrong please. I hope I am.

That was dumb!!! ;)

I live 90 miles from there and won't go down there and fish with those re-knobs!!! :naughty:

C
ChezJfrey
turkey thug said:
But to a t every fishermen said, "just make sure your hook is sharp.

Hey, you can try and look at the bright side...even if you're not snagging like a chump, at least they still gave good advice :)

T
turkey thug
you are forced into that technique at the hatchery hole, because if you do something different you would mess up everyones rythm. Oh well, not saying i wouldnt have loved to have hooked one and taken one home. Just would rather do it other ways. Kind of like turkey hunting. Of course i want to call one in and have him come strutting, BUT if he bumps into me on a trail while i am walking, im gonna smoke him.

T
Team CF
turkey thug said:
you are forced into that technique at the hatchery hole, because if you do something different you would mess up everyones rythm. Oh well, not saying i wouldnt have loved to have hooked one and taken one home. Just would rather do it other ways. Kind of like turkey hunting. Of course i want to call one in and have him come strutting, BUT if he bumps into me on a trail while i am walking, im gonna smoke him.

You can get onto bites up there (usually the color is orange tiger bead with orange/pink yarn ball I just try and mimic steelhead eggs) I dont fish the hatchery ever I pretty much just stick below the bridge mostly get fish in the evening. Holy Waters is heating up anyway going to be a fun month.