Thank goodness for OFF members

jamisonace
jamisonace
Hit the Whitaker creek ramp this afternoon. Remember the photo I posted of ramp blockage? Yeah, that ramp. Decided to launch to the side of the debris and got stuck. It was one of those bonehead moves that I'm known for. Thankfully Yogidabear showed up and gave me tug. Thanks Yogi, I really appreciate it. I'm serious about owing you a float. Yogi is obviously one of those guys that helps out without hesitation. A real class act.

Someone give that guy a rep point for me since I don't know how!

As for fishing, it was really slow. Water was still brown and a little higher than I like. I don't think the fish are up there yet.

Reactions: Irishrover
T
troutmasta
Done.

Also its the sheriffs badge beneath the avatar on any given person. Just click it to give a rep point.

Glad you got out!

Also im working on the 'fishologist' pic I deleted the file and am looking for a good one to send.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Glad you made it out of the mess! A big thanks to Yogidabear for showing the sharing and caring attitude members are known for!
:thumb:Thanks, Yogidabear!!

Y
Yogidabear
It was nice meeting you today and I'm glad I could help out. I just happen to be out on a cabinet delivery today (I have my own cabinet shop) and Where you had backed in didn't look all that bad and I probably would have tried it too, given what a steelhead addict I am.

We all have done things like this, I remember a few years ago I was launching on the Mckenzie after work and in a big hurry , I tied a poor knot on the bow of my drift boat pushed it off the trailer and watched the knot come undone. That was a hopeless feeling watching my boat drifting down the river with all my gear in it almost out of sight.

Just then I heard a car topper boat with a little 5 hp motor coming up the river (this is at hendricks park). I really couldn't believe what I was seeing as the guy grabbed my boat and brought it to me. I still think about that day and the odds of that happening.

I would like to fish with you someday as you seem to have the same passion for steelheading as I do. , but you don't owe a thing, Just glad it all turned out good and sorry you didn't catch any fish.

Ray

IMG_2076_zps09b1cc86.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jamisonace, Big3d, rogerdodger and 8 others
E
eugene1
Good stuff, Yogi!

Glad you helped out when you could, who wouldn't!

Take care all and happy new year to you,

troutdude
troutdude
We're glad that you were in the right place, at the right time!

It's also nice to hear about the car topper, who came to your rescue too.

Rep points have been sent.

hobster
hobster
Very cool, always good to see fisherman helping each other out! Kudos to Yogi! Quite a few boats up there yesterday and frigid with the wind whipping. There were a few caught in the afternoon but very slow still. I was fortunate to get a beautiful chrome buck on Monday, there was a quick half hour bite where a few got hooked and i saw one other get landed. Can't go back till next week, I'll see you guys up there, I'm the bankie with the red Dodge.

S
Stonefish
Great to hear people helping out others.
That is what it is all about. Kudos to Yogi!
SF

2PawsRiver
The stuff we will do to catch fish, way to help out Yogi:thumb:

S
steelhead_stalkers
Good job. Looks like yarn ball color water to me. :D

jamisonace
jamisonace
Big plugs that day!

steelhead_stalkers said:
Good job. Looks like yarn ball color water to me. :D

Last edited: