TFO and Gary Loomis

M
Mike123
TFO has a new line of rods out designed by G. Loomis himself.
For $130 they are freakin awesome rods! Every bit as good as a Loomis rod but half the price.
I'm ordering mine tomorrow. 9' - 8-17lb rating for some spring chinook and fall chinook drift fishing and plunkin down at the falls! :dance:

Troutski
Troutski
Mike123 said:
TFO has a new line of rods out designed by G. Loomis himself.
For $130 they are freakin awesome rods! Every bit as good as a Loomis rod but half the price.
I'm ordering mine tomorrow. 9' - 8-17lb rating for some spring chinook and fall chinook drift fishing and plunkin down at the falls! :dance:

I don't know, that's a pretty bold statement....:think:

Chuck

T
The Nothing
They're a pretty good rod for a Korean build...

M
Mike123
Troutski said:
I don't know, that's a pretty bold statement....:think:

Chuck

Well, hmmm, they are designed by GARY LOOMIS.

I'd definitely take one over a Lammy anyday.

M
Mike123
The Nothing said:
They're a pretty good rod for a Korean build...

I think the Loomis rods are actually Korean made now.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Those temple fork loomis ones are made over seas. Pretty good deal I guess.

M
Mike123
Yea what rods aren't these days..

C
Chedster
Lamiglas! I really like my Lami X 96 JS 6-15lb. Even handled a few springers on the S. Santiam last year. $220 is not cheap but it's been well worth it. Keep us the posted when you get the rod. You can never have to many rods!:D

M
mosd
thats the brand of fly rod that i mostly buy, have a 3,4,5(2),6,8,9wt tfo lefty kren professional rods an a 9wt TFO deer creek switch rod as well. great rod for the money, an can't go wrong with the no fault lifetime warranty

Last edited:
R
RLK
I'd definitely take one over a Lammy anyday.[/QUOTE]

OUCH!!!

K
kfallscody
I picked up my first fly rig around christmas time and got the same rod.. TFO Left Kreh 6wt Professional. I have yet to take it fishing but it seems to cast nice... or at least as well as I can tell from practicing at the park. :)

S
steelhead_stalkers
The new north fork composites are made in the US 100%. They are one of the few.

F
fishkiller
Mike123 said:
Yea what rods aren't these days..
My lamiglass certified pros are made in WA.

M
Mike123
Awesome. Who cares where rods are made.

I think they are nice.

Last edited:
C
Chedster
Really? I personally care and would rather give my money to a company who keeps their manufacturing here in the US, keeping Americans employed.

M
Mike123
Chedster said:
Really? I personally care and would rather give my money to a company who keeps their manufacturing here in the US, keeping Americans employed.

I could care less as long as my rod is good quality.. I don't buy a rod to employ people.

J
JeannaJigs
These tfo rods look pretty sweet for the price. I myself don't care where my rod was made as long as it's decent quality at a good price. Unless someone wants to buy me a $300 rod? Didn't think so

F
fishkiller
Mike123 said:
I could care less as long as my rod is good quality.. I don't buy a rod to employ people.

So when it breaks are you going to ship it back to China?

M
Mike123
fishkiller said:
So when it breaks are you going to ship it back to China?

nope just take it back to the local shop and get it replaced for free.. lifetime warranty no questions asked. :D

A
Anyfishisfine
kfallscody said:
I picked up my first fly rig around christmas time and got the same rod.. TFO Left Kreh 6wt Professional. I have yet to take it fishing but it seems to cast nice... or at least as well as I can tell from practicing at the park. :)

I got the same exact one last month, and it's only been to the park like yours.