Tenmile creek

B
bigsteel
just curious if spinreel park is a good place to start,,,,,i want to try fly fishing this creek,,,,it looks perfect,,,thanks for any info,,,im not lookin for any secret holes

O
Outdrsmn
It is, just start there and walk down. its not really that far to the ocean.

W
womanwhofishes
I do believe there is some spots that are protected due to spawning I would check it first.. and maybe we will see ya down there..

T
thepreditor
if u start at spinreel n walk down its all fishy. its all open to fish from there down. i dont know of any spots that are closed besides the creek you see before the parking lot. you can usally see steelhead in there. Ive always heard that its not that good of fishing with a lot of water because of the sand rolling down the river. Its a fun place to fish nice water. I have seen people put pontoons in and drive another car down the dunes for transport. i also heard that there was aproblem with the steelhead return last year so lets hope it picks up. I usually make that trip once a year, didn't make it last year though...

F
fourgotten
That sounds like fun!

OTOH, just wading and fishing the creek sounds like it might be fun... hmm...

If you want someone to go with ya, I'm open in the latter part of the week until February when I become unemployed again.. *chuckle*

A
autofisher
Tenmile's a great creek. I've seen people all over it. I've even caught a nice 17 inch trout out of the lake.

L
lizardman
Where is this "Tenmile Creek" you speak of?

I know there are two creeks named the same around the Oregon coast (and my family has a cabin very close to the one that is just south of Yachats). I used to catch some very nice fresh run native cutthroat trout there.

Dave

A
autofisher
I might be talkin about the wrong one then. I'm talking about the one in Lakeside, outside of Reedsport and Winchester Bay.

L
lizardman
You're talking about the one by Winchester Bay. There isn't a lake on the Ten Mile Creek that is south of Yachats.

Dave

A
autofisher
Guess I'll have to check that one out too. I've lived in Oregon almost my whole life.....But it's been the last few years that I've gotten to get out and fish and find new places.

W
womanwhofishes
Come on down to our side of OREGON!
We are ten miles from tenmile creek (lakeside)

A
autofisher
The Tenmile outside of Lakeside is awesome for fishing. They even have bass tournaments over there. The trout and the steelhead fishing is great too. Just keep in mind if you're going to take a boat in there....the average depth of both parts of the lake is just around 15 feet.

M
Mike123
Which Ten Mile are we talking here? Stonefield beach area?

Oh think I just found the answer to my Q. Neva mind! haha

Last edited:
F
fourgotten
Mike123 said:
Which Ten Mile are we talking here? Stonefield beach area?

Oh think I just found the answer to my Q. Neva mind! haha

Here's your sign! :lol: