Tell me about your honey hole!

B
Boo
Do you have a semi secret place, one very few people know about, where you can always catch fish? A Honey Hole?

I do! It's an old fire lake that was once part of a series of fire lakes. The ODFW stopped stocking this YEARS ago, and the BLM blew up the dams, but one little pond survived and is now LOADED with native Rainbow that have been breeding there for years. Long enough to be fully naturalized "native" fish.

This place looks like a swamp from the road, and if you weren't looking for it, you would probably drive right passed it. It is full of, and surrounded by brush, and bank fishing is nearly impossible. It is only about 150 yards wide and maybe 400 yards long.

At the right time of day, with the right lures, I can catch a limit of 12-13 inch native Rainbow in just a few hours. "A limit" of course does not include the many 9-10 inchers I always release.

Last edited:
S
SantiamDrifter
Yes i do. I've already said too much.

T
tomriker
it's in my back yard

J
JeannaJigs
I'll go to my grave with it.

B
beaverfan
Mine's pretty wet! Yup, lots of water there!

brandon4455
brandon4455
my back yard basically.

H
halibuthitman
SantiamDrifter said:
Yes i do. I've already said too much.

he he he... I think a lot of people thought that.
But I will give up one....drive to the necanicum over hwy 26, park at klootchy park ( the big broken spruce tree ) walk back through the gate, turn left, walk for about 1.5 miles, on your left you will see a elk/fisherman trail down to the river.. its 30 yards through blackberrys and the **** to a shallow crossing, cross on your right you will see a tree leaning over the river... on any day from the second week of dec to feb or so.. this spot WILL give you a fish.... the rest of my spots will cost you $1500 a piece- Brad

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
he he he... I think a lot of people thought that.
But I will give up one....drive to the necanicum over hwy 26, park at klootchy park ( the big broken spruce tree ) walk back through the gate, turn left, walk for about 1.5 miles, on your left you will see a elk/fisherman trail down to the river.. its 30 yards through blackberrys and the **** to a shallow crossing, cross on your right you will see a tree leaning over the river... on any day from the second week of dec to feb or so.. this spot WILL give you a fish.... the rest of my spots will cost you $1500 a piece- Brad

LOL. isn't that the spot that i was askin about a long time ago? the one that guy was bobber fishin in?

H
halibuthitman
brandon4455 said:
LOL. isn't that the spot that i was askin about a long time ago? the one that guy was bobber fishin in?
fo sho Bra

O
OnTheFly
I can't think of any spot I would consider a honey hole. I do know of a couple of remote lakes but for the most part I enjoy new water anywhere. And for all the water I fish routinely, there are outrageous days and there are slow days. But I can always pick up fish in those locations.

B
bigsteel
heres my honey hole

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/img26.imageshack.us\/img26\/5360\/november620101.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited by a moderator:
kirkster
kirkster
My honey hole is any river that has steelhead in it. When I find the run that's producing. Jackpot as far as other people. I have the ability to block them out. And for some reason if I can't get em blocked out. It doesn't take long before most people to get enough of my dumb a$$ behavior and comments. In no time the drft is all mine then its game on, fish on.

I think of a combat zone as the show survivor.
out smart
out wit
out last

F
fishkiller
seems like the outwit part might be reaching. lol

Y
youngbuck307
Few of me know I have a couple on is a spot a buddy past up one day one the river that I just had to make a cast at hole will for ever be known as the stick hole!!!! Lol don't kill me
guys

T
Thuggin4Life
I have one but i sure hope i can remember where it is...

H
halibuthitman
we all share the same honey hole, OREGON.... but be careful not to mix up honey hole, with honey bucket... it really stains up your waders!!!

kirkster
kirkster
halibuthitman said:
we all share the same honey hole, OREGON.... but be careful not to mix up honey hole, with honey bucket... it really stains up your waders!!!

:lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
halibuthitman said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Now, go lay in the grass....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

kirkster said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

M
metalfisher76
I have about 194 honey holes. I`ll be scouting for 195 tomorrow morning. Happy Turkey Day!!

M
mrlindeman
Detroit dam lol lol Impossible to get skunked there