Techniques for Summer Nooks on the Columbia?

J
just1nook
So, what belongs at the end of my line to catch a nook in the coming weeks?

Spinners? anchor or troll? Any thoughts from the pros would be appreciated.

K
Kodiak
Candy green/blue predator or inferno #7, candy blue/green on white, pink/purple, red&white, chart yellow&nickel, chart green and nickel, red and brass, lemon lime, sunrise, watermellon, candy watermellon, and May be a chart yellow predator on brass custom with a green dot if you ask nice!

Act now and I'll only add 20% for june hogs.

Last edited:
J
just1nook
Ok, thats semi helpful. add 20%...huh?

K
Kodiak
everybody else gives you 20% Off. I thought I'd try something different!

F
FishSchooler
Haha :lol: more expensive for depending on the season... :lol:

P
PDXKush
Kodiak said:
everybody else gives you 20% Off. I thought I'd try something different!

Ever seen the movie idiocracy? This may just work. lol

F
fisch
Ha, Idiocracy - watched it last night. What a great movie.

P
PDXKush
fisch said:
Ha, Idiocracy - watched it last night. What a great movie.

Good to know someone else other than me has seen it. Funny ish.

Sorry for the Hijack Chris :)

Y
youngbuck307
i read i lot of people will anchor up and run spinners in the lil faster water and plugs in the slower water down by portland and the mouth.... but here is the question what to run from the bank just good old spin glows??? NORTHWEST SPORTSMAN had a lot on it this month!!! i get them just to read for the ideas every now and then there will be something im like i got to do that but normaly i just get my info from here

K
Kodiak
get freaky with it and see what you guys can come up with...I just saw this thing called a Snapper (be nice you guys)...its a tube with a spring that fits on your mainline when a fish hits your gear it will automatically set the hook. I'm gonna try one this fall....Looks like fun!

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
get freaky with it and see what you guys can come up with...I just saw this thing called a Snapper (be nice you guys)...its a tube with a spring that fits on your mainline when a fish hits your gear it will automatically set the hook. I'm gonna try one this fall....Looks like fun!

I also saw this rod holder that is spring loaded and you slip your mainline through this trigger, and one little pull... spring! Hook set!

Y
youngbuck307
you have to tell us how it works kodiak..... do you think it will set the hook hard enough to get it through a salmons mouth though???? just food for thought....

K
Kodiak
Not all the way through...just enough to get it started....but it would buy an extra second or two to finish the job for guys with reaction times you can time with a sundial like mine!

Y
youngbuck307
good idea for plunkers that are a lil slow to get to there rod.. also when its just down the beach a lil and you have to run up to it to set the hook befor the fish is gone....at least that way you would have more of a chance... let me know if it works

J
just1nook
Well I didn't feel like paying an extra 20% so I had to twist some up myself instead. First attempt on my part. Comments please.

K
Kodiak
just1nook said:
Well I didn't feel like paying an extra 20% so I had to twist some up myself instead. First attempt on my part. Comments please.

Ouch!..Talk about blowing up in my face!:lol: Oh Well...They look good. On l o2 minor gripes and 1 suggetion/comment.

1. Can't tell from the pics as the blades are offset..but try and get the blade between the top of the hook, to middle of hook eye.

Gripe 1. The wire length on the watermellon (top left and lower right) looks a shade long..but thats personal as long as it doesn't throw your spinner out of ballance.

2. there is only 1 watermellon, and they don't say TCO on 'em!...Great job..you should smash fish!

P
PDXKush
Nice spinners Chris.