Team Polebender invades the pond

F
Finneus Polebender
Took the next generation of polebenders out to the private jewel tonight , and what do ya know since grandpa decided not to fish they were biting like crazy! took no time at all and my little guys were knockin em dead mostly all little bluegill and bass . Then Riverfisher fired up the topwater and it was on !!!!! My oldest grandson Dominic age 5 proceeded to topwater like 12 bass , just couldnt quite figure out the hookset ,man that kid is a chip off the ol block!!!the boys had to be pried out of there at dark only after they made grandpa promise he would bring them back . The best one of the night was my grandson james think he came off the dock 3ft when he caught his first bass by himself it was priceless !!!! considering the fact all I did was row, bait hooks and cast for the 2 younger ones it was the best fishin trip of the year for me by far !!!! Truly what this thing called fishin is all about !

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Thuggin4Life
Man that is really cool!

R
rippin fish lips
Sounds like you and the grandsons had a blast!! Keep them fishing!

F
Finneus Polebender
rippin fish lips said:
Sounds like you and the grandsons had a blast!! Keep them fishing!

Sure hope this is just the beginning , think Ill have three of them askin grandpa when are we gonna go fishin every time I see them now .Dominic already does! Think ol grandpa gonna have to get more boats, had every seat taken ,and only had three of seven grandkids last night !

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great job,Grandpa

Great job,Grandpa

What a wonderful way to spend the evening! All the smiles tell the tale. I know I wish I'd had a grandpa that did that for us. Way to go,Team Polebender! :clap: :clap:

M
metalfisher76
Very nice!!!

F
fishing man
nice fish what pond where u at

Q
qwapaw
Great Pics, Isn't it fun to take the Grand Kids out when the fish are biting. 2 Week or so and "little girl that fishes" will be with me at Diamond Lake. Maybe I can nap and she will catch my fish for me. Great time with Grand Kids, "what fishing is all about" Tight Lines, Qwa

troutdude
troutdude
Way to go Team!!! Kid's smiles...PRICELESS! :D:D

I was also one of the lucky ones. My grand dad gave me my first rod n' reel. My dad then showed me how to catch stuff w/ it. As I recall, my first trip was about age 5. We went cat fishing, and filled up our bath tub w/ 'em!

BTW, I had a dream the night before that trip. And little ol' me, who didn't know what one looked like...dreamed that they would all look like FELIX THE CAT! Boy was I surprised when I reeled in the first one!!! :shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

Hopefully, your wee one's weren't quite as shocked as I was.

FOOTNOTE: I lost my first rod n' reel from gramps, while rolling out of a canoe and into Blue lake (next to Suttle). That combo and a pair of my spectacles are down about 300' forever. BTW...they call it BLUE LAKE for a FRIGID reason!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

S
strawberry shortcake
My first pole came from grandma. She was one of the best around these parts. That woman would have fished every day if it wasn't for hunting mushrooms, picking rocks, gardening, picking huckleberries, canning and freezing, cooking for the hired hands, raking hay, and driving the bale wagon and wheat truck. She was also a foster mom and taught piano and dance. I would have to say that while I have done about half of those things as an adult, it was the fishing spirit she instilled in me that is the best.

G
GDBrown

I'm Jealous!

B
bigsteel
that little man looks very happy,,,,,way to go team polebender

troutdude
troutdude
ummm...sure hope that my earlier reply didn't hijack this thread. Didn't intend to. But, at least it appears back on track again.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thanks all for the wonderful replys brought a huge smile to grandpas face seeing james on the front page when I got home !! That kid was so excited all evening long. The pond we fished is north of town "eugene " the location will not be disscussed cause it is private not to be disrespectful but the owners already have some issues with trespassers . loved the story Troutdude ,every time I take my little guys the memories of my childhood come flooding back like they were yesterday !I will never forget at age 5 sitting on the dock at my grandpas buddies house on the Portage lakes in Ohio ,with a big ol cane pole , string ,bobber, hook,and a cup of maggots ,cathing 1-2lb sunfish like I was a tuna fisherman ,the hours went by like minutes . As avid and enthusiastic as I am about fishing, nothing can beat the feeling,and the look on a childs face when they catch their first fish !!! Have some more pics of the outing taken by James dad somehow I ended up with none of Dominic on my camera will post them once I get my hands on them! With grandkid # 8 on the way grandpa knows he will get to share that feeling several more times in the future !!!!

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
You da man FP!

We are all awaiting those extra pics.

Sidenote: I took a "tribe" of church kids up to Detroit. I got a real kick out of the littlest one...age 3. He was the first to reel one in, and also the first to limit out. He squealed and jumped up and down, with each fish. What a neat feeling to be the catalyst for that kind of sheer joy!

B
Browning
AWESOME! Start them young! Great pictures man, that's what its all about:clap:

F
Finneus Polebender
troutdude said:
You da man FP!

We are all awaiting those extra pics.

Sidenote: I took a "tribe" of church kids up to Detroit. I got a real kick out of the littlest one...age 3. He was the first to reel one in, and also the first to limit out. He squealed and jumped up and down, with each fish. What a neat feeling to be the catalyst for that kind of sheer joy!

Know exactly what you mean and when I run out of my own grandkids , "although that doesn't appear likely " Ill be takin someone elses !!! Its a beautiful thing to see another little fisher person added to the ranks , the ins, outs, ups ,downs and etiquite of fishing teach valuable lessons that can be applied to almost everything in life , at least this ol bass hound thinks so!!!

Chromatose
Chromatose
thumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.pngthumbs_up.png

troutdude
troutdude
X 3.

Chromie...pm sent.

R
RIVERFISHER
it is real awsome feeling seein the nephews nail fish and watchin my boy dominic standing up on the front of the boat topwatering bass. hes a natural.. i started tellin him to set the hook like a man and then got afraid he was gonna backflip his butt outta the boat. hes like his dad tho.. does not like to sit down and fish.. gotta be standing up and scanning the water lookin for that perfect spot to cast.. i kept tellin him cast here and there and he kept sayin dad i know were the fish are leave me alone..