Taxing fish trip

G
GDBrown
I had to make a last minute trip to McMinnville with some tax info for my CPA yesterday and though I might as well do some exploring. I live in Hillsboro so I don't usually fish near McMinnville and I knew that they were to stock the pond in Sheridan so I went there to give the Powerbait a try. The Sun was shining when I got there but didn't last long. With several other fishermen hauling in fish left and right of me I knew it was going to be a good afternoon. The two guys to the left of me were casting spinners and shaking OFF little stockers trying to get one of the bigger fish. The Guys on my right were using powerbait and filling their stringers in no time. So I Powered up and let her fly. While waiting for a bite I watched a little stocker swimming within feet of the slippery bank and wondered if he was looking for pellets to be dropped from above. Soon the rod started to dance in the holder (Not my hands) and I was soon reeling in a nice size trout. It took the bait deep so I gave the fish to the guy next to me who was trying to get his limit. I figured it would be easy to get more bites the way things started out. NOT!:mad: I watched as even the little kids with their mom reeled in fish after fish and I just sat there watching. I started the drive home soon after learning that the pond had been stocked that morning and I didn't have my pellet fly with me.

Next time I travel for taxes I will have the pellets with me. Or at least some spinners and Advil to relieve the pain of casting. But I will not give up, in fact I may be out again this afternoon if I get the laundry done in time.

GD

troutdude
troutdude
The powers that be, at Advil, need to cut you a check for your fine commercial! :clap:

Sorry that you didn't do well. But, at least you did not wander back into your homestead smelling of skunk. :shock:

W
WillamiteNewbie
here's a question...how come you guys are keeping trout? i thought it wasn't trout season? so why can you keep those?

O
OnTheFly
WillamiteNewbie said:
here's a question...how come you guys are keeping trout? i thought it wasn't trout season? so why can you keep those?
Most lakes are open all year.

troutdude
troutdude
OnTheFly said:
Most lakes are open all year.

x2. Especially in the Willy Zone. Rivers, however, are not open (for trout). Some open at the end of this month; and other streams open at the end of May.

You can get a copy of the regs at a store; or read them online.