Tanner with other OFFers?

F
FishSchooler
Just managed to drag everyone out of the house a 6:30 to get to tanner where them dang fishies are going over the dam.
Stopped by walmart to grab some big chunks of lead... and on!
Lines in at 8, started fishing the creek. Someone said they saw someone on saturday catch quite a few fish there and you could still see fish swimming. I went up... where? So I started drift fishing with 2 split shot. Snag! Break off the weight, add 1 split shot. Snag! So then, I just start casting it without the weight, which was surprisingly easy. I could cast the weight of a barrel swivel and 2 hooks easily with the new 10 lb big game line. Caught a smolt, that went back into the water, then I decided to go plunk with the crowd...
Quite a few fish being caught, somewhere around 10 in a little bit of time, but most were wild.

Started with a UV spin n glow with 7 oz of lead. Casted, too close, reeled in, snag, break off, new lead (4 oz.) Got that to stick, no action for 30 minutes while 30 feet to the left, quite a few people with quite a few bites. Sooo... I moved over (after losing almost all my weights) and one nice man helped me rig up. He took a railroad spike, tied it on and everything, then casted it out for me where they were having the most action. For a couple hours, dead! Once I moved, nothing happened. Two bites and one fish while I was there (not on my pole). It was already 12:45, so we packed up, losing the last 8 oz weight and the railroad spike. Once we started up the hill, two bites, two fish landed right next to where I was. I think I have a curse :rolleyes:.
 
T
Troutier Bassier
Hey,
If I can me and a Buddy would like to go to Tanner Creek with ya.
 
F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Hey,
If I can me and a Buddy would like to go to Tanner Creek with ya.

Tanner closes tomorrow (you can still fish like 400 yds downstream at the deadline) ! And I most likely wont be going till next year... "too much" fishing this summer, and Im waiting for them coho to come.
 
T
Troutier Bassier
Ooooooh, I see.
Dont go fishing and youll be able to fish.
;) :lol:
 
F
FishKiller23
I never had a chance to plunk at tanner but I tried fishing the creek and from what a fish checker told me is now starting this year from the bridge up u can't fish for summers. From the bridge below is fine.



I'll probably try plunking next time.
 
F
FishSchooler
You have to go down to the deadline as of tomorrow to fish there.
 
F
FishKiller23
FishSchooler said:
You have to go down to the deadline as of tomorrow to fish there.


So are you saying you can't plunk on the CR right in front of the mouth of creek.. Ive been told so many things as far as dealines and what not.
 
F
FishSchooler
FishKiller23 said:
So are you saying you can't plunk on the CR right in front of the mouth of creek.. Ive been told so many things as far as dealines and what not.

Yeah. You have to go 400 yds downstream (Im 99% sure...)
 
F
FishKiller23
FishSchooler said:
Yeah. You have to go 400 yds downstream (Im 99% sure...)


Ok now I get it. Thanks
 
S
SNDSLGR
I thought that was you Schooler, spend some time in the grass practicing with that bigger weight- you'll get it. Also met Andre and had a good time BS'n with him. Was my first trip there and I managed to land one of my two hook ups out of sevral drive-bye's so I was very happy.

IMG 0492 1
 
Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
How far do you need to cast There? 30 Feet?
 
F
FishSchooler
SNDSLGR said:
I thought that was you Schooler, spend some time in the grass practicing with that bigger weight- you'll get it. Also met Andre and had a good time BS'n with him. Was my first trip there and I managed to land one of my two hook ups out of sevral drive-bye's so I was very happy.

IMG 0492 1

All right! I just couldn't get a darn bite! Once I went to the hotspot, the action just simply died, and right after I left, two more fish hooked!
I can cast the big weight far enough easily... But I just worry about crossing lines. Accuracy/knowing where to cast however... I need to get :)
Was Andre the guy with the gold/blue reel? I thought he looked familiar too
 
F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
How far do you need to cast There? 30 Feet?

Cast to the seam where all the foam is.
 
T
Troutier Bassier
OK Thanks.
 
F
FishKiller23
Is any one wanting to hit bonnie tomorrow to do some plunking. I guess we can't hit right at tanner but we can go below.

let me know.
 
F
FishSchooler
FishKiller23 said:
Is any one wanting to hit bonnie tomorrow to do some plunking. I guess we can't hit right at tanner but we can go below.

let me know.

luv2fish is I think
 

Similar threads

bass
Replies
7
Views
958
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
jamisonace
Replies
3
Views
546
4labs
4labs
C
Replies
8
Views
2K
Clbagshaw
C
Top Bottom