Tanner Creek

S
steelheader19
anybody know if plunking near tanner is productive right now?

Gunga
Gunga
If you plan on going to tanner i wouldnt. its closed.

T
todd_brooks
It's closed a 100 feet above and like 400 or 450 feet below the mouth. There were fish in the creek but didn't see any one the bank for the 3 poles in the big C below the deadline yesterday.

S
steelheader19
well im not guna fish in the creek DUH!!
ill plunk for them like normal people . just below the deadline

T
todd_brooks
steelheader19 said:
well im not guna fish in the creek DUH!!
ill plunk for them like normal people . just below the deadline

That's how I took it, just thought the info would be good to put out there.

S
steelheader19
well thanks for the info was there monday and didn't see any people plunk

A
AlaskaKid
A am relatively new to the area and I went to fish Tanner creek and Warenndale for the very first time. Here is my observation:

Tanner creeek, you have to fish outside the creek's mouth boundary. Places where you are allowed to fish are not very good for plunking, the water reverses itself and flows upstream next to the bank. Only people fishing were throwing spinners and other hardware at the fish! Didn't see them catch anything. I was plunking there with no success. Warendale was a different story, this place was full of plunkers but only two fish caught. They said it was good a few days before (of course they always say that).
It was a scounting trip for me to see how it's done on such a big river. I quickly came to conclusion that I don't have a proper gear to fish there. Not enough weight, rod not big enough etc.

Last edited:
A
Airs98
AlaskaKid said:
A am relatively new to the area and I went to fish Tanner creek and Warenndale for the very first time. Here is my observation:

Tanner creeek, you have to fish outside the creek's mouth boundary. Places where you are allowed to fish are not very good for plunking, the water reverses itself and flows upstream next to the bank. Only people fishing were throwing spinners and other hardware at the fish! Didn't see them catch anything. I was plunking there with no success. Warendale was a different story, this place was full of plunkers but only two fish caught. They said it was good a few days before (of course they always say that).
It was a scounting trip for me to see how it's done on such a big river. I quickly came to conclusion that I don't have a proper gear to fish there. Not enough weight, rod not big enough etc.

I bet it was very slow at Warrendale because of the gillnets in the river for a few days in a row.