Takin the kids to Detroit

S
Slopez
Heading out tomorrow for the lake, wanting to know what the fish are biting on and some good areas. New to the area...any suggestions?

brandon4455
brandon4455
the upper end of the lake has always been god for me this time of year.. can't remember where but it was at one of the campgrounds.. use worms or chartruese powerbait on the bottom. im sure someone else will have soem more ssuggestions on places to go. good luck out there

S
Slopez
Right on cutthroat slayer, I'll definitely check the upper end of the lake. Thanks for the info, letcha know tomorrow how we did. Fish on!

brandon4455
brandon4455
i forgot to mention, dont be afraid to try a black rooster tail a rainbow rooster tail or a rebel crawfish crankbait.. i forgot to mention that to the last guy who made a detroit thread.. my grandpa went there with rebel crawdad crankbaits and slayed the trout.. all the lures i mentioned above.. just retrieve them slow since the weather is still cold

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF...the best forum on the planet.

Brandon may have been referring to the Hoover Campground area. It's OFF of Hwy. 22, and over the North Santiam bridge where it flows into the lake.

Good luck.

C
capblack
or santiam flats. i just went up last weekend. fished tumble creek inlet, and had a little luck with power eggs. its still gonna be slow for a while

F
FishFinger
Welcome to the forums, looking forward to your report. Best of luck!

brandon4455
brandon4455
capblack said:
or santiam flats. i just went up last weekend. fished tumble creek inlet, and had a little luck with power eggs. its still gonna be slow for a while

that spot. thanks for refreshing my mind brian

S
Slopez
So, today was average. Only landed 2 fish, but lots of bites. Went to the upper end first, had no luck. Tried the dam on the way home off the wall, locals were using shrimp and ended up leavin the rest to me when they left. Fish were biting good on that and also the chartreuse power bait. Thanks for everyone's help. Fish on!

brandon4455
brandon4455
hm thats weird..usually i dont get bites at the damn this time of year..well, im glad you got atleast a few.. its better then a skunk!

brandon

troutdude
troutdude
2 is mo bedda than zero. Nice.

C
capblack
Slopez said:
So, today was average. Only landed 2 fish, but lots of bites. Went to the upper end first, had no luck. Tried the dam on the way home off the wall, locals were using shrimp and ended up leavin the rest to me when they left. Fish were biting good on that and also the chartreuse power bait. Thanks for everyone's help. Fish on!

the wall is kinda like fishin from a helicopter isn't it? i would think its kinda hard to c and r from there, so its never been a place id fish. but i guess if your just there to catch yer limit, it would be fine. next time check out the tumble creek inlet. always had luck from there regardless of the water level. Brian