Take a knee

Diamond Lake Charlie;n613355 said:
I don't know, what do you consider being off the coast. As for Ted Nugent, I don't know what he did and the only reason I think people know about it is because of who he was. I am pretty sure you can fill a foot locker with the stuff you have heard that he did and I really don't care. Personally if I am going to hold a grudge I would rather hold a grudge against Hanoi Jane.But while you are smoldering because I really am not interested ask you self this question, how many others that were not famous did the same or worse. Because of some bitter memories and who he was at that time YOU carry on the hatred from and for somebody else. If you cannot stand him that is your problem, however if you take a knee during the NATIONAL ANTHEM then you not only insult me, but your father and every other veteran either living or dead. However I am proud to have served so you could have the right to insult all of us. Now if you would like to return a smoldering scathing reply help yourself, I just don't care and I have no intention of reading it or getting involved in something ridiculous.

This is a favorite of mine, actually the only one I have found that I like.It is called Heal with Time and it goes like this.

I am many years older now
And the emotions should be gone
But, it seems there is no escape
From my time in Viet Nam
Mostly, I remember going there
with Patriotism and Pride
Then coming home again
Scorned and pushed aside

John Wilson
Calm down there fella. Those players have a right to protest. And if taking a knee offends you so much turn off the tv. If you didn't know taking a knee is actually a sign of respect in many aspects of life. Freedom comes in many different forms, this one just happens to upset you. Sometimes freedom of speech can be a bit frustrating for me when people use it for hate speech. So I understand being upset about someone using their American freedoms.

Not that anyone cares but just got back from wickiup and crane prairie. I don't surf the Web when camping. Bass were caught!

Last edited:

Hooked Up

Throbbit _Shane;n613395 said:
Those players have a right to protest. And if taking a knee offends you so much turn off the tv. If you didn't know taking a knee is actually a sign of respect in many aspects of life. Freedom comes in many different forms, this one just happens to upset you. Sometimes freedom of speech can be a bit frustrating for me when people use it for hate speech. So I understand being upset about someone using their American freedoms.

Not that anyone cares but just got back from wickiup and crane prairie. I don't surf the Web when camping. Bass were caught!
Well said.

From what I've read the protest of taking a knee during the national anthem has nothing to do with the military but rather a protest that in the US if you are a person of color your odds of being shot by police increases quite dramatically.

Our veterans, especially combat veterans should be shown respect. I can't imagine the enduring horrors of being in combat. That said, I don't believe the protest of taking a knee is intended to be a knock on vets.

I guess today is one of those days that my meds may not be working really well, however I read a section or a sentence in here that said "WELL YOU SERVED" To me it does not really matter where or when you served, some had it rougher than others, some did not come home, some were captured and endured for years the cruelty of the enemy. Some were what is called a "SHADOW VET". Some wanted to run away to another country so they would not have to serve, some went to college so they would not have to serve. My point is for those who did sign and joined, drafted or not, they gave their word and put their life on the line just like the rest. Some got lucky and did not get into conflict and they were the lucky ones and they deserve just as much respect as those who were in conflict because they offered up their lives just like those who did not come home. Like many I lost high school friends n ship mates, served with those who were also vets, some with fingers shot off, some who had been shot more than once, a POW vet who had escaped, one who got shipped home because he was to messed up and to dangerous for his unit. One of me friends lost two years of his memory from his last trip over and did not remember me.I seldom go this far but my last unit operated with the seals and PTF's. Those are mine in the picture, and I earned every one of them.

Attachments

Irishrover

Most Featured
Thanks for your service, you have a right to be proud of your time in the service and those awards tell a story.

Irishrover

Most Featured
Believe in something, even if it means loosing everything. Sound more like something one would see at Arlington National Cemetery rather than on a shoe company advertisement.

My two cents worth; an employer should not require an employee to stand for something like the national anthem. Standing is something an individual should do by choice. If they are forced to stand it will not remove the hate from their heart. If forced to stand they will not respect the flag, or those in law enforcement. or the military. Let them remain on their knees if it makes them feel good. Standing for our national anthem and for our flag only counts if the one standing is standing of their own free will. As a veteran and a 30+ year law enforcement officer I don't want to force my patriotic views on those who choose to show their contempt. But I quit watching pro football long ago and love the college game so what they do is not relevant to me in the long run.

Raincatcher

Irishrover;n613824 said:
Believe in something, even if it means loosing everything. Sound more like something one would see at Arlington National Cemetery rather than on a shoe company advertisement.

My two cents worth; an employer should not require an employee to stand for something like the national anthem. Standing is something an individual should do by choice. If they are forced to stand it will not remove the hate from their heart. If forced to stand they will not respect the flag, or those in law enforcement. or the military. Let them remain on their knees if it makes them feel good. Standing for our national anthem and for our flag only counts if the one standing is standing of their own free will. As a veteran and a 30+ year law enforcement officer I don't want to force my patriotic views on those who choose to show their contempt. But I quit watching pro football long ago and love the college game so what they do is not relevant to me in the long run.
Very well said. Thank you!

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom