Tags

M

Moe

I went to get my license and tag at Big Sporting Goods but when I bought my license and then tried to buy my tag the guy said since I am under 18 I dont need one. I tried to tell him there was the juvenille combined angling tag and I need to purchase it and he said the computer didn't give the option. Whats up with that?

F

fishkiller

I believe if you are over 14 you have to have a tag. I hope this helps.

B

beaverfan

Yup he was totally wrong. If you are under 14 you do not need a fishing license but you need your tags no matter how old you are. They do however offer a youth tag I believe that is quite a bit cheaper than the tags us adults buy.

R

rainbowfisherman

Everyone has to have tags, they're just a lot cheaper when your younger.

M

Moe

That is exactly what I thought. I told him there is a juvenile combined angling tag I want to purchase but he just kept saying I don't need it. I'll just pick One up at bimart in the morning cuz I'm trying to go fishing for some gators tomorrow.

T

Troutier Bassier

Yeah you need a lisence when your over 14, but you need Tags any age.

R

rainbowfisherman

But you still need a license regardless of your age right? Isn't it just free if your under 14?

D

Drew9870

Banned User
License - Over 14

Salmon/Steelhead/Sturgeon/Halibut - All

Two Rod - Over 14

If you needed a license and it was free, what would be the point, ODFW would only be losing money on the paper it takes to print them out.

C

ChezJfrey

But you still need a license regardless of your age right? Isn't it just free if your under 14?

For the tag, it appears so.

From the regulations: "Note: Youths age 13 and under must first obtain a Youth Under 14 Angling License prior to purchasing this tag."

R

rainbowfisherman

From the regulations: "Note: Youths age 13 and under must first obtain a Youth Under 14 Angling License prior to purchasing this tag."[/QUOTE]

See thats what I had thought

T

Thuggin4Life

New last year you have to go get into the system and obtain a free liscense to fish and have to carry it like a real liscense when under 14. not free to fish anymore its free to abtain the license. back to the subjet though the guy at the counter has no buissness working were he does. bet 100 unemployed guys in the area have way more qualifications.

M

Moe

New last year you have to go get into the system and obtain a free liscense to fish and have to carry it like a real liscense when under 14. not free to fish anymore its free to abtain the license. back to the subjet though the guy at the counter has no buissness working were he does. bet 100 unemployed guys in the area have way more qualifications.

yah I mean what if it was a new person to fishing and he gave them the same info as me and they got a fat ticket? I knew better but some dont and would be clueless. He shouldnt work there.....

F

FISHHEADMAFIA

A baboon that was flippin patties before this current job . you need a tag .