Tad bit nippy!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
A little chilly up in the canyon, frozen guides at noon in some areas! No love today but a great day on the water and I love exploring new spots! Cheers! DSCN0765.jpgDSCN0767.jpgDSCN0770.jpg

jamisonace
jamisonace
Too cold for me. I was ready to do a quick float this morning but chickened out.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
There where a lot of people and I counted 15 boats between Whittaker and Swisshome!

jamisonace
jamisonace
I figured it would be busy. Did you see anything hooked?

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Heard of one hooked in front of Whittaker by a drift boat on a plug, it was crowded so I took OFF to the Stagecoach. I am sure fish where caught I prefer a bit of elbow room and theres plenty if you explore a bit! If your willing to walk more than 20 feet from your truck theres a lot of water up there and you know those fish have to swim through all of it!:thumb:

P
pinstriper
It was nippy and WINDY on the lower Wilson today. I went out to Mills Bridge, had it all to myself for a while. Very windy, can't mend a line for bobber and bait or jig. Tried some drifting, but there are some big snags there now.

Have a hankering to go again on Sunday, somewhere else. Anyone interested in banking a NW coastal river Sunday ?

S
sapo
Headed to some small streams over near Salem...fished in 20 degree weather, guides kept freezing up and stuff lol! Top of the hill near the creek I fished was about 1.5k feet and there was at least a foot of snow up there, and then no snow down at 500' elevation where I fished.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
It was a beautiful day to get out there!:thumb:

C_Run
C_Run
GaryP1958 said:
It was a beautiful day to get out there!:thumb:

I stayed in my sweats until about 11:00 AM, went to our friends' for lunch and drinks and football, went home and got back in the sweats. I did buy a license and sharpen hooks on a bunch of lures today, though. I think I will wait until mid-week when it is supposed to get in the 50's and high 40's. You guys are tough.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
By mid week the water will be gin clear better use 8 lb test!

S
Stonefish
I fly fished Hood Canal yesterday for Searun Cutthroat.
I had to move locations because my line and flies kept landing on top of ice floating by on the outgoing tide.
When saltwater freezes you know it is damn cold. Luckily the fishing was great.
SF

M
Modest_Man
I'll take cold and sunny over rain. We got 7 yesterday after putting in at 9ish.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
It was fine after I got my dinger unfrozen from my zipper!:)

jamisonace
jamisonace
Love pulling plugs there. Best part is you can row back to the ramp.

GaryP1958 said:
Heard of one hooked in front of Whittaker by a drift boat on a plug, it was crowded so I took OFF to the Stagecoach. I am sure fish where caught I prefer a bit of elbow room and theres plenty if you explore a bit! If your willing to walk more than 20 feet from your truck theres a lot of water up there and you know those fish have to swim through all of it!:thumb:

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Lazy bastturd!:popcorn: