Swamp peoples at Cabelas

• Thread starter Finneus Polebender
  • Start date
F

Finneus Polebender

Heard on the radio that Troy and his son from the show swamp people are gonna be at Cabelas tomorrow , My wife thinks that guy is great she is all excited to go see them...........and I get to go to Cabelas and check out gear while she waits!

T

Throbbit _Shane

I bet its gonna be a zoo.

Hopefully you guys find some good deals and good gear!

brandon4455

brandon4455

badass! take some pics for me fellas..and let me know what the gear selection looks like, i might stop by there next time i head south

F

Finneus Polebender

badass! take some pics for me fellas..and let me know what the gear selection looks like, i might stop by there next time i head south

Will bring the cam take pics if they will allow . I am thinkin about gettin there early gonna check the store hours here in a few . Could do some shoppin then breakfast or lunch if you guys have time? The swamp guys will be there from 10-12 and 2-5. Thinkin we will be there at 8 when it opens.

Last edited:
C

Combat Chuck

Just got back from there... it wasn't that much of a zoo. Lots of people just looking. Very different from the Washington one.

T

tomriker

goin down with my dad and brothers in the afternoon, gotta sign up for all the give aways! win me a new driftboat maybe and trade it for a real fishin' boat, like a bass boat!

N

natro

I went there today around 1pm. I was suprised how many people there were. There was even people out directing traffic there. I haven't heard anything about the swamp people guys being there, but I did read that Babe Winkleman is going to be there Saturday 10 to 11:30am, and 3 to 4:30pm(Saturday also).

J

JeannaJigs

win me a new driftboat maybe and trade it for a real fishin' boat, like a bass boat!

ouch!!! Lol. My boat is weeping right now.

That place was an insane zoo. There was zero parking and people everywhere...I kept driving. It's not going anywhere and my new workplace is 5 minutes away so I'll have plenty of time to get acquainted lol.

If you don't mind people then you'll have fun.

N

natro

Yeah you could say there was a few people there. Got this pic off of a cabela's fan facebook page.

Attachments

• 219165_201781169857620_118772828158455_471899_2652940_o.jpg
    219165_201781169857620_118772828158455_471899_2652940_o.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 26
T

the_intimidator03

I was there for the opener :-| was gonna buy some stuff as they had some nice deals in the bargain cave. but i didn't feel like a 2 hour wait in line was in due order. They do allow pictures, I am bummed there is no aquarium there tho. How am i spose to test out fishing gear for sensitivity? hmmmmmm? lol

brandon4455

brandon4455

I was there for the opener :-| was gonna buy some stuff as they had some nice deals in the bargain cave. but i didn't feel like a 2 hour wait in line was in due order. They do allow pictures, I am bummed there is no aquarium there tho. How am i spose to test out fishing gear for sensitivity? hmmmmmm? lol

no aquarium? oregon is the best place to have one.. booooo!!!!!!

F

Finneus Polebender

Man what great guys got a shirt autographed and some pics they were so friendly and takin time for the photos very different than many meet and greets . The store is small by Cabela standards the fishin gear selection is as good as any of the other local large stores , bought a pair of new waders from the bargain cave for 46 bones reg over 100 still very busy but checkout was not that bad, signed up for all the give away stuff too .All in all a good mornin my wife was very pleased to meet Troy and Jake. P4050613.jpg P4050611.jpg

S

sherman

I think I be waiting until the newness wears off. I get clostrophobic in crowds & I'm a guy who was a submarine sailor. LOL.

T

tomriker

They carry the chigger craw trailers I like and I got some perch swimbaits since we have those in our pond, figured I'd give em a shot