Suttle lake fish size?

Q
qwhacker
Spent about five days up there last week and the largest koke caught was probably about 8" is there a lack of food or what? Beautiful lake

H
hydropsyche
I fished it a few times this year (fly fishing) I caught a few kokes but were all around 6 inches then a massive brown decided he liked little green nymphs. It was my biggest brown yet around 29" if I had a computer I would share my crappy photos. I here after the big burn the chemistry of link creek changed and the lake started to get big toxic algae blooms this year it seems to only have turned once in the last decade it has bloomed multiple times a summer. That's my only explanation of why its gone to crap. Hopefully it is on the mend and after my first experience there it is on my radar for trophy browns.

S
sunsalem
hydropsyche said:
I fished it a few times this year (fly fishing) I caught a few kokes but were all around 6 inches then a massive brown decided he liked little green nymphs. It was my biggest brown yet around 29" if I had a computer I would share my crappy photos.
29" is a VERY big Brown.:thumb:
Congrats.

I here after the big burn the chemistry of link creek changed and the lake started to get big toxic algae blooms this year it seems to only have turned once in the last decade it has bloomed multiple times a summer. That's my only explanation of why its gone to crap.
It's as a good a theory as anyone has come up with yet....

H
hydropsyche
It make sense that whole slope is volcanic material and with the the forest fires the alkalinity went up combined with lack of shade and root growth to suck up excess water link creek was exposed to a bare wasteland and excess run off until the forest recovers. Which it seems to seems to be doing.

Q
qwhacker
Now somethings going on and I hope it's coming back in congratulate awesome Brown