Suttle bound on the 5th

R
Ray
I have only fished there once before and got blown off the lake by a hurricane. Any tips or must haves to fish this lake? Would like to get into some browns and Kokes.

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like those who could reply are on vacation.

Have you checked w/ the resort, to find out what's working?

R
Ray
No have not called them, I just want to try some place else besides green peter before I quit fishing and go into nude extreme butterfly netting. I am working on putting the new down riggers on this afternoon. I have heard the fishing up there was decent for kokes and some hog sized browns. I picked up a few rapala today for the trip. Just trying to find out if there are some must haves for there. But at the same time I am considering Lake Billy to see what the deal is there. I have never even been there except near it deer hunting

Last edited:
S
SistersGuy
Too late to change your plans? I live in Sisters, been up 4 times this year bank fishing. Haven't had a single bite, talking to the boat owners at the dock they haven't had luck yet either... Fly fishing at dusk looks to be promising but haven't done it yet...

Locals are heading to Walton, East and Crane...

R
Ray
Thanks for the update, the boat is hooked to the truck and I was headed there in the morning. Looks like plans will change. Thanks for saving me the gas over there

B
bernduffy
Suttle is very difficult. I spent 5 days last year on bank and boat and had one bite and one small brown. The locals told of a legendary guide who surface ripped jointed rapalas at fairly fast trolling speed to catch big browns. I was in a canoe so couldn't try that strategy. If you wade into the inlet at the end, the browns will swim around your legs but won't bite even though you present everything in your tackle bag right in front of their noses. I actually watched a big (20") brown inhale a small fly but spit it out before I could set the hook...which was like in 3 nano seconds since I was visual.
I did hear of a guy catching a few small kokanee down the inlet end by the camping area.
I also visited the small lakes around that area and enjoyed the trout fishing. Even hiked into the allowed area of Blue Lake. Had fun but few fish. Want to get back there with a float tube to apply some lessons learned since then.
Cheers,
Bern

troutdude
troutdude
bernduffy said:
Even hiked into the allowed area of Blue Lake. Had fun but few fish. Want to get back there with a float tube to apply some lessons learned since then. Cheers,Bern

Sorry for a brief hijack.

WORD: Blue Lake is called that for a very good reason. I fell in it once--out of a flipped canoe--and it is the COLDEST water that I have ever felt! So, if you float tube it...wear plenty of warm gear.

BTW, I've seen Browns in Suttle in the 5 - 10 pound range just cruise around and ignore all OFFerings.

S
SistersGuy
Ray said:
Thanks for the update, the boat is hooked to the truck and I was headed there in the morning. Looks like plans will change. Thanks for saving me the gas over there

So where did you end up?