Surprise summer

T
tnffishman
So I was going camping near Netarts and was planning on doing some crabbing there from monday to today. On the way monday I stopped at the Wilson and saw a group of about 15 fish in the only hole I know really, but 2 guys already fishing it, so reluctantly I left and went on with the trip.

Did ok crabbing with the castable traps, but I was looking forward to the drive back and getting another shot at those summers. Got there today around 2 and someone was there throwing a spinner, but he said he was about done so I went down. There wasn't more than 5 in the hole today. In 30 minutes I hooked one, and lost it. I thought I was done, had my chance and blew it. But I kept at it and 30 minutes later had one stick and got this beauty. It's especially exciting for me to catch steelhead cause I have only gotten a handful in my life. This is my first summer on a fly rod and it was awesome!

T
Thuggin4Life
Sweet!

B
bigdog
Nice work bud, glad to see it worked out for you. Oh by the way you can send some of that crab this way if you got to much to handle.

M
Metz84
Congrats! Nice looking steely..:clap:

T
tnffishman
bigdog said:
Nice work bud, glad to see it worked out for you. Oh by the way you can send some of that crab this way if you got to much to handle.

Sorry man, it didn't make it out of the campsite!

B
bigdog
lol yeah I bet it wouldn't of made it out if it was me to.

M
mgdguy
Nice job!! :clap:

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish!

E
everett464
Lovin' the steel on the fly.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a way to end the trip! Congratulations on a great looking fish.

S
STEELseeker4086
Is that the hole a little ways upriver from the bridge near %#$ &*&(___)? Sorry to post your location but I was there just a day earlier and not one fish was there, only garbage from less respectful fisherman.

By the way thats a really nice summer you got especially because you caught in on a fly setup congrats bro!

Last edited:
T
tnffishman
That's the one, it's a pretty popular spot. It was extremely hard to see the fish yesterday. I wouldn't have seen any if I didn't have my fish glasses, but I hate using those things

F
fishingfreak
nice fish buddy! Good job!

Y
youngbuck307
Nice one man I know right where your at to lol they in there good?

N
nwkiller
great job man

T
tnffishman
youngbuck307 said:
Nice one man I know right where your at to lol they in there good?

Well there was a group in monday but yesterday only three or four.

A
autofisher
Way to go bud. Looks like someone's hitting their stride fishing this year.

Z
Zebrix
Fishman!!! Wholey crap! We still need to go together before summer is out. The funny thing is, my dad was talking about teaching me to fly fish and we were gonna go on the Wilson. Nice catch.