Marine Florence Fishing Reports

T
TC2
Hey y'all. I've been surfperch fishing out of the Florence area for almost a year and lately I've been having trouble finding nice troughs, those deep spots right off the beach where the surfperch school up. I thought it would be cool to have a place for people to share good spots as they develop.

This past weekend I scouted the beach from the North Jetty to Driftwood Shores and didn't see much, fished behind Driftwood Shores and didn't catch anything. The next day we scoped out South Jetty Road and settled on Pullout #3, a decent trough but pretty far out. Caught some but nothing consistent, just took home five little ones, enough for one dinner.

Reactions: Raincatcher
Markk
Markk
South of Florence. Today at about one hour before high tide there was furious bite caught all 6 in about 45 min and hooked up on one double then it died. I was using gulp sand worms. Fish tacos tonight!

D361ABFA-95B9-4230-9B82-C374D968D829.jpeg

1DBFEF4B-BD42-4D5A-A3FF-57E2BD9D7D76.jpeg

Reactions: plumbertom, troutdude and Admin
T
TC2
Nice! I wish I lived closer to the beach so I could go more often. When you say south of Florence do you mean on South Jetty Road?

Reactions: plumbertom
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
They school a lot, my best day ever was on the N Jetty fishing just behind the breakers caught a limit in 1 hour! Baker beach and Norte is good too!

Reactions: plumbertom and Markk
plumbertom
plumbertom
What I've always found is usually when that hot bite just dies, it's because the school moved up or down the beach.
Lots of the time, moving a ways along the beach will find them again. Just a matter of choosing the right direction to move.

Reactions: Markk
Top Bottom