Surf fishing at Lincoln City (redtails!)

PK Yi
PK Yi
well, the redtails are still biting. I was fishing at lincoln city and did pretty good. managed to get some on video and is shown below.

I was using a 9' rod with a 3oz weight and a #4 hook. gulp sandworms is the way to go for these guys.

what are you guys waiting for? get out there! beach has super easy access, and they are easy and super fun to catch.

J
JonT
Are they good eating?

PK Yi
PK Yi
JonT said:
Are they good eating?

took some home before, but haven't cooked them yet. I'd imagine they make great fish tacos.

B
bassman503
Awesome! Which beach if you don't mind? Looks like you had fun.

PK Yi
PK Yi
bassman503 said:
Awesome! Which beach if you don't mind? Looks like you had fun.

I was right across from sandcastle beachfront.

Reactions: yuckfunky
G
Gulfstream
they are great fried!

C
coyo7e
I've heard they make great tacos. I want to try cooking one whole and slashed.

bass
bass
Great video. I will have to get some of those sandworms before we head to the coast.

T
twout
We're heading to the Esterlee for a couple nights, think ill give it a try. Hope I do as good as you did Sammy.

PK Yi
PK Yi
twout said:
We're heading to the Esterlee for a couple nights, think ill give it a try. Hope I do as good as you did Sammy.

good luck, hope you get a lot.

Y
yuckfunky
thanks so much for the tips, planning on going to the coast this thursday get skunked every time at the jetty and surf :/

T
twout
Surf fishing at Lincoln City (redtails!)

Got nada!Fished the high tide this morning in front of Spanish Head, did see someone fishing in front of Sandcastle but didn't get to speak with him. Wish I had another tide to fish it was enjoyable to try.

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440630684.038424.jpg
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440630705.518512.jpg
Last edited:
T
troutmasta
I've been killing em too. Gulp worms suspended OFF the bottom. Weight on bottom hooks above. I use #6 or #8 hooks. I've noticed that if the bite is slow, you've got to get deep into the far out breakers. I've honestly caught them on all tides. Just get cast out into the good waves.

T
twout
Ok, I feel better now.