Super Mag vs Nova

F
fishtales
So, it is time for a new bird gun. Which one would you choose and why, or which one would you not choose and why, thanks.

H
halibuthitman
They both kick ass.. I had a nova, but went back to my 870.. I like old things-

F
fishtales
I like them both also. I am in my second year of bird hunting.

H
halibuthitman
If i was gonna goose hunt i would by a super mag.. Otherwise id get the nova

F
fishtales
okay, thanks for the input. I have taken the goose test 4 times to no avail. I hope to goose hunt this year so mayb3y the 870 is the way to go. In regards to the goose test. I hope to pass after watching the videos a few more times. Reading the book/taking notes ove did not work last time.

H
halibuthitman
I use the 870 because im more of an upland bird guy, grouse tarmigan and the cats in my yard.. For waterfowl i would use a better gun.

F
fishtales
I would love to be able to aford something nicer for duck, right now getting it it camo is nicer for me. lol So, I will primarily hunt duck with it. I can always save up again to upgrade to something nicer in the future.

F
fishtales
Well the wife vetoed both choices, lol better luck next time I guess

L
LivinItUpCO
Get the nova ! I've taken deer/goose/quail/dirty ditch birds/doves and turkey with it. It is the perfect first shotgun for someone getting into "bird watching" as well. A few friends have the 870 and stand by it; but the action is way smoother on the Benelli. My 2 cents...

F
fishtales
Yeah, I am leaning towards the Benelli. Just need to get clearance to go out and get one now.