Super bait cut plug

Duckcross

How many of you have had success with the Brads super bait plug cut? I have a few tied up and used for Salmon but I feel I don't give them the same chance I would with fresh bait. Please let me know some thoughts maybe I should fish them more they seem to spin good and look good in the water.

4labs

Did catch a nice silver while I was crabbing in the Coos last yr and have a couple guide buddy's use them for springers on the Rogue. My problem is I normally fish by myself so one pole has to be my best shot. If they allow 2 poles in the tide water I'll fish one. Will run one out of Brookings if there is a ocean season and fish. Look at some of the monsters caught during the bubble season and most were on plug cut so no reason why brads wont work and give them a try for Macks. Some guys are running the kokanee size for trout. When a bait is done either anchovy or herring fillet a piece and use what is left with the tail sticking out of the end of the brads instead of scent on the pad

Hookset

I use them in the fall mostly and they work great. Caught our limit of salmon 2 weekends in a row on the Nehalem in the fall using Brads and 360 flashers. They don't seem to be as productive in the spring. They also worked great on fall fish in the Columbia behind a chrome dodger.

Duckcross

I will have to give them a better shot this year, I have caught silvers on them but they will bite anything.

Top Bottom