Sunriver

E
elliot1245
Going to Sunriver on Memorial Weekend. Planning on targeting the Deschutes and hoping it is during the legendary Salmonfly Hatch. Any suggestions for flies? Any stretches of water? Any help is welcome. Using a 5 wt rod also have spinning setup.

Elliot

F
fishhunter28
(Untitled)

go to the fall river use a purple cone head woolly and trail a tungsten head egg pattern behind it

Southpaw
Southpaw
The salmon fly hatch is pretty much the lower Deschutes game, I've fished the upper during the holiday and don't recall seeing any salmon flies.

E
elliot1245
fishhunter28 thanks for the advice! I've heard much about this river, but mostly about how scenic it is. Not much about fishing. Will check it out.

E
elliot1245
Southpaw Hopefully they decide to show up a little towards the middle! You know of any stretch near Sunriver worth targeting?

Southpaw
Southpaw
Anywhere from Sunriver up to Wickiup should give you plenty of access and options for both some nice rainbows and browns. Hopefully the flows and weather cooperate that weekend. It will be busy I'm sure, but there's lots of room to target. There's some big browns lurking around that time usually. Good luck (think streamers early and late in the day) It's more about reading water than any specific stretch

N
newfydog
elliot1245;n611769 said:
Southpaw Hopefully they decide to show up a little towards the middle! You know of any stretch near Sunriver worth targeting?

Short answer, no.

Southpaw is spot on, there can be some decent fishing, but the locals will not be fishing the Deschutes around Sunriver, they'll be at Crane Prairie, East Lake, the Upper Deschutes, the Fall River or any of the better pieces of water. That part of the Deschutes suffers from being managed as an irrigation ditch.

E
elliot1245
newfydog will hit up the Fall River, any particular stretches?

E
elliot1245
F
fishhunter28
(Untitled)

hit the fall river at the hatchery eds hole is a Amazing spot it's the last hole at the hatchery

E
elliot1245
fishhunter28 can you pm me more specific directions? I have read about that somewhere but when I look it up I can not find any more info. Thanks!