Sunny morning at Cougar...

Troutski
Troutski
Sunrise at Slide Creek ramp....launched before day break and had a fish on with in 10 min.... The rest of the day was hit and miss...water temp. was 71 degrees at the ramp and 53 degrees at the confluence of the South Fork... Fish were rising to a hatch but I had nothing that small to offer. Had a take down but I was napping at the time :rolleyes: Couldn't believe the amount of campers up there, amazing. No one else fishing most were either on Jet Skis or water skiing... It wasn't my finest hour at my favorite lake but I didn't get skunked and managed to stay in the boat... A great day with a good friend .... Here are a couple pictures of the area .....no fish pictures, my camera doesn't have macro capabilities...;)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great day with a great friend,what more could one ask for? Oh yeah, more fish! :lol::lol::D
Great report, Chuck. The good news is that they will most likely still be there waiting for you next time. ;)
Barb

P
Phish Phinder
Troutski - Where's the best place to launch? I haven't been out to Cougar for 10-15 years and have never taken a boat. I was up with the family at Blue River and we did about the same. Only one good holdover and not really many showing on the finder. We went mostly just to get the kids out on the water so we still had a good day.

Q

Troutski
Troutski
Phish Phinder said:
Troutski - Where's the best place to launch? I haven't been out to Cougar for 10-15 years and have never taken a boat. I was up with the family at Blue River and we did about the same. Only one good holdover and not really many showing on the finder. We went mostly just to get the kids out on the water so we still had a good day.

Q

PM Sent

G
grampa ron
Cougar res fishing

Cougar res fishing

I doubt if you can lanch a boat. It's probly still to low. I have done well there fishing from the bank with single Pautzke Eggs. I only fish the upper end where it is usually very clear.

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome Gramps...

Welcome Gramps...

grampa ron said:
I doubt if you can lanch a boat. It's probly still to low. I have done well there fishing from the bank with single Pautzke Eggs. I only fish the upper end where it is usually very clear.

Cougar is one spectacular lake that's for sure, and you are right my friend unless you own a Hummer you won't be able to use either launch until around the middle of March. I know I will be there, probably a day early...;), I have no compunction of dumping my craft off the side of the ramp...great lake...

Chuck