Sunk my boat today

jamisonace
jamisonace
I had just got it all decked out for summer and in about 5 seconds it was gone along with a crap load of gear. I let a beginner row and he immediately took us into a tree and we flipped. Oh well. Everyone made it to shore with little more than a few frayed nerves so I've been thanking God for that all day long.

Anyway.....help me find it and all the stuff that floated out of it. Life jackets, oars etc.

It's a blue and silver North River.....I'm guessing it's the only one sitting on the bottom of the river in that particular stretch:lol:

I dumped it just above the Island Park ramp on the Eugene side. If you are familiar with the area we were right next to the RV park. I'm guessing it drifted another 100 yards to 1/4 mile but I seriously doubt it made it to the D ramp.

I'll be on the dragging treble hooks for the bow line that is at least 20' long and hanging loose.

Please call me if you see it.

Jamie

541-915-3097

Thanks!!!

A
alm21
Wow! That's horrible but great to hear you're all safe.

O
OnTheFly
Aw man!! If that happened to you around here I'd be out there helping you find it. That's terrible news. I hope you get it back intact.

L
lilsalmon
Damn....sorry to hear that. Thank God you are all okay!!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Aww, that sucks on so many levels, :shock: but I'm glad to hear you all made it safely out of the water. :pray: :D That would scare the holy bejeebers out of me! Especially since my best swimming move is to sink like a nice round rock...:redface:

R
RunWithSasquatch
Son of a ***** dude! Im glad you're taking it well... hope you get it back, was a fish kill'R Sorry about your loss.... comparable to a close friend passing!

B
billfisher
Just glad everyone made it to safety! Sure hope you get your boat and gear back!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Jesus man. Glad your ok. There are a couple divers here on the forum, the might be able to help you out. Good luck!

S
Sinkline
Sorry to hear that. :( Glad you guys are okay.

Randy

F
Finneus Polebender
Get a hold of me perhaps the boys and I can help if we can locate it.

E
eugene1
I'll give you a call. If we can get it with my sled in the morning I'm more than happy to help out.

I was out with a buddy and his dad today and must have just missed you. We left the D st. ramp at 5:30. We did not see any debris. That sucks bro.

Best.

troutdude
troutdude
Wow; sorry to hear about this Jamie. But, it could have been much worse! I'm glad that you all made it safely to shore. Thank God for that!!!

B
bigsteel
thats terrible news man,if theres anything i can do or anything you need let me know..im glad you are all safe

W
watchout trout
Jamie, so glad yall are safe. Let me know how I can help and when. I'm just freakin out for you! Hopefully the river will keep dropping. I'm off this week.

J
JeannaJigs
Omfg I would be at a complete loss. Glad everyone is ok, but damn!! I would be a wreck if my boat and gear went down

B
BobbiDollPDX
I sure hope there are peeps on here that can help you out. You and your wife were so awesome about making those window decals and even sending them out to members who couldn't afford them. Wish there was something I could do, I'm really sorry that happened.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I appreciate the outpouring of concern and all the offers to help. I spent some time looking for it over weekend and the water is just too high and off color. I need it to drop a couple feet and it will be easy to see unless I can snag a bow line or anchor rope before that.

Anyway, when I find it I'll let everyone know and who ever wants to help yard it out can join the party.

Thanks everyone.....stay tuned.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
jamisonace said:
I appreciate the outpouring of concern and all the offers to help. I spent some time looking for it over weekend and the water is just too high and off color. I need it to drop a couple feet and it will be easy to see unless I can snag a bow line or anchor rope before that.

Anyway, when I find it I'll let everyone know and who ever wants to help yard it out can join the party.

Thanks everyone.....stay tuned.

If you find it before next Wednesday, I'm down. I have to run some PA gear to Roseburg sometime early next week.

Last edited:
H
hawgcaller
Man, that is awful! Thank god you are all ok! I just bought a boat and I would be devastated. I am just a noob on the river myself so this is a very scary dose of reality! I would be more than willing to help out in any way. I will pm you my number.

T
TTFishon
Man, that really sucks!!! I'm glad you're ok!