Summer steelhead

Utahutes

New to this when does the summer run start on umpqua. Also north south santium river. Does alsea have summer run. THANKS

C_Run

There aren't too many summers over the dam at Oregon city right now . 2000+ divided between all the tributaries so they are far between. I went last weekend and we did not get anything in 8 hours in the boat. Hardly anyone was fishing for a weekend. But yes, there are some to be had but it is slow now.

maxwyatt

Speaking of Summer Steelhead. Does anybody know if the Eugene 'Town Run' is a thing of the past or if they still release steelhead in Eugene/Springfield?

troutdude

@jamisonace ... Hey Jamison, can you help w/ Max's question?

@maxwyatt Jamison lived in Springfield until just a year or two ago. And fished that run regularly. If anyone can tell you; it's Jamison.

Last edited:

maxwyatt

Yes - Town run is still a thing.. hit it!!
Thank you. I'll hit a couple spots after work this week.

I fished below Dexter down to the islands yesterday and have nothing but a lovely 14" trout for my efforts. I did see one fish roll, but I don't know if it was Chinook or steelhead. Based on the water, I'm guessing Steelhead.

maxwyatt

I tossed beads and spinners into all the holes I know about between Glenwood and Ferry st yesterday evening. I had a few trout nip my spinner, but that was it. It was hot as hades.

btw, sorry to hijack the original intent of the thread. @Utahutes the Alsea only has winter steelhead

maxwyatt

Been hitting the Willamette along the bike paths in Eugene lately. Just a few hours at a time. I'm finding lots of small un-clipped trout, if I put on a smaller lure, but still no luck for the big fish. Seen a couple roll though; I believe they were giving me the middle finger, so to speak.

I'm curious about the Umpqua too. I'm pretty new at this so any leads would be much appreciated.