Summer Steelhead

O

osmosis

for fly fishing your best bet is going to be the deschutes, however you can hook fish in the clackamas and sandy on a fly as well.
Most of my friends and I bastardized fly fish (drift fish with a fly rod) and can put a hurt on the fish.
but as far as summer steel when it heats up and peaks in a little over a month we average 15-20 fish on in a day running normal gear, not fly rods.
If you need someone to show you the good spots on the clack to swing, send me a PM.

Last edited:
P

PDXKush

Trust the man he landed me my first Summer Steelhead Chromer ever !!! I'll never forget that day...That is until Alzheimers hits :). Thanks again Alan.

troutme.jpg

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Santiams

Santiams

The North and South Fork of the Santiams in the upper stretches can be verry productive fly waters in mid to late june and early july. Send me a PM and I can show you around these rivers and put you in contact with guides that specialize in fly fishing for steelies. Also the Upper siletz river in early june has a fantastic run of sommer steel.

By the Way...Osmosis is a phenominal fisherman and great guide. I suggest getting in touch with him, if anyone can get you into fish it's him!

A

ArcticAmoeba

To get B.C. results on a bug basher... You will certainly need to run bait!!! Hahahahaha! Just jerkin ya, but there are not as many good Summer Swing spots around where the fish are willing to tango. WA is a good place to look to swing, I fly fished a buncha Summers out last week in WA... and so is the N. Umpqua. Lots of guys like to swing the upper reaches there. And yes. Osmosis can help you out.

S

SetTheHook

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

Great info... thanks!! I'll be in touch.

STH

The North and South Fork of the Santiams in the upper stretches can be verry productive fly waters in mid to late june and early july. Send me a PM and I can show you around these rivers and put you in contact with guides that specialize in fly fishing for steelies. Also the Upper siletz river in early june has a fantastic run of sommer steel.

By the Way...Osmosis is a phenominal fisherman and great guide. I suggest getting in touch with him, if anyone can get you into fish it's him!

S

SetTheHook

Great forum.. you guys helped out a lot. Ill get down there soon

cheers!!

STH

To get B.C. results on a bug basher... You will certainly need to run bait!!! Hahahahaha! Just jerkin ya, but there are not as many good Summer Swing spots around where the fish are willing to tango. WA is a good place to look to swing, I fly fished a buncha Summers out last week in WA... and so is the N. Umpqua. Lots of guys like to swing the upper reaches there. And yes. Osmosis can help you out.

Top Bottom