summer steelhead spinner swap

O

osmosis

Lets do a swap with less parameters than the other. :lol: The other is still open.

You're favorite summer steelhead spinner, whether producer or just a concept can be entered.
Who's in?

B

bigdog

Lets do a swap with less parameters than the other. :lol: The other is still open.

You're favorite summer steelhead spinner, whether producer or just a concept can be entered.
Who's in?

I'll be in for that one. Is it going to matter what stile or size blade is used?
How long going to give people to get in and how long to get them made and all that good stuff?

O

osmosis

I say lets see how much interest there is, and when it seems most that want to have joined we'll give it one week from there.

type and size is all up to whoever makes them. Small was certainly the ticket this last summer, so mine will be pretty small.

B

bigdog

ok now how small is what you would call small you talking #1 #2 #3 blue fox size. No I'm not going to get blue fox that is just a good compair for size knowledge for me

O

osmosis

#2-#4 is what worked last summer in the french style blades.
I didn't need to go to #1 or 0, the fish never got that spooky.

mine will probably have a bear valley on it.

Last edited:
F

Fishtopher

Radical dude

Radical dude

Who's in?

Im in. No doubt. Just with what Ive learned in the last 24 hrs should increase the effectiveness of my spinners by 80%:whistle:. So even if they would scare fish away before:shock:, they are gonna catch fish now;). Im in, by the way.

Just the thought of someone else catching one the beautiful fish in our rivers on a spinner that I put together is what makes me want to do this so bad. Ya know that feeling when you take someone fishing, and hook a fish on your pole and hand it off? I think the feeling would be similiar...

Osmosis (and all ye twisters for that matter!), if you dont mind, I would like to post my pics of progress on my spinner(s) for the swap, and get feedback:pray:, whether good or bad, maybe some pointers....

I just really dont want to send out something that stinks, ya know, skunky-ish! I would cry if my spinner put the skunk on a nice day:redface:!

C

carl hungis

Who's in?

I'm down!!!!!!!!!!!

O

osmosis

That makes 4 of us so far. Heck yeah.

Fishtopher, Your spinners would have probably caught fish before. It's all about maximum performance in this industry!

It should probably be mandatory that fish caught on swapped spinners must have photo's taken to be posted.

Pictures to get feedback would be fine. I can post pics of the options I threw together so far for the swap too.

M

meluvtrout

Hey, wait! What's going on? 2 swaps at the same time? Well, count me in for this one and give me another week or 2 for the other one. Mine are relatively new and need some water time before can meet the criterias...

B

bigdog

Hey, wait! What's going on? 2 swaps at the same time? Well, count me in for this one and give me another week or 2 for the other one. Mine are relatively new and need some water time before can meet the criterias...
Hey nothing wrong with getting a few of these going. I'm sure if we keep this one open for a while we will get a good amount of people in on it. Being they are for summer stealies then we have more then enough time to get a good amount of people in on it.

F

FishSchooler

Would if could, but can't so i shan't.... :(
The spinners that worked
are on the bottom of rivers... Just take one of fishfinger's dandy slayers, take out the red bead and put in a 6mm green bead with a 2 mm under it and a size 4 french copper with a #4 body from a bf that is orange...

K

Kodiak

Banned User
I'm In

I'm In

I fish the north and south fork of the Santiams. It's a little bigger water than the Clackamas I think..I don't fish the Clack much but we throw small spinners here for steelies too. Our summer fish (and springers for that matter) are really color sensitive, as well as shine so we have some "creative" patterns. Anyway I'm in probably do some #4's. Just to add a twist if you go to my website I'll let you pick, just let me know (I highly suggest the candy blues, candy greens, flames, pink and candy pinks). The steelhead spinners should be up around 12/6/08.

B

bigdog

I fish the north and south fork of the Santiams. It's a little bigger water than the Clackamas I think..I don't fish the Clack much but we throw small spinners here for steelies too. Our summer fish (and springers for that matter) are really color sensitive, as well as shine so we have some "creative" patterns. Anyway I'm in probably do some #4's. Just to add a twist if you go to my website I'll let you pick, just let me know (I highly suggest the candy blues, candy greens, flames, pink and candy pinks). The steelhead spinners should be up around 12/6/08.
I want one with the flames on it just to say I have it lol

O

osmosis

that makes 6 of us so far.
The clackamas spinners should work in the santiams, sandy, ect. My favorite last summer was black.

F

Fishtopher

Im stoked! I stopped by and spoke with Bill yesterday, adn sponged as much info as I could in the 30 mins I was there. Learned a lot from that guy in a short time! Man yesterday was the first time I noticed all the b.a. jigs in there! All the other times I was there I was too spinner-struck to notice!

Uh I think its 7...carl hungis, osmosis, kodiak, bigdog, meluvtrout, fishfinger, fishtopher...

O

osmosis

got tongue twisted between how many folks are in so far, and how many spinners we have to build. my mistake.

Bill has a lot of good info.
yeah, quite a few jigs in there too.

Top Bottom