Summer steelhead jigs

G
GoldFishSlayer
kinda new around here other forum I hate it to say the least!!! so I tie steelhead jigs and beings some summer fish are well on their way anybody interested in a swap? Make the due date say may-15 then we could get instant gratification on our new arsenal. Same old swap rules apply get number of participants and thats the number you gotta make I pm you my address send jigs and return postage everyone gets some cool new jigs and hopefully some fish. just one of your favorite summer jigs I have a pretty good one in mind already. So what do ya say are you in?

J
JeannaJigs
I'd be down if it were in June. Way too much going on right now though.

G
GoldFishSlayer
so to make it easier you think we should make it june first and ten people max that way people have some more time and ya only have to bust out ten jigs which would make it pretty easy... are you the one my buddy Mike was telling me about that ties jigs? just curious if so we all three need to get on some rivers this summer if we can get mike to stop messing with his car and just go a few times

J
JeannaJigs
Haha yeah I fish with mike and he has a bunch of my jigs. Totally agree that he needs to quit messing with that damn Honda and get some fishing in. Soon as it gets decent I'll be floating the santiam for sure. Way less crowded than the mckenzie. I hosted the last jig swap and it wasn't too long ago so I'm not sure how many people will be down to do another one but count me in if it's June. I can bust out 10 summer jigs with a quickness as soon as I have time in about three weeks or so.

Last edited:
G
GoldFishSlayer
oh I just now saw your swap my timing could be a bit OFF then lol well if nobody else is down we could swap like top 5 if you want I pretty much got the south dialed jig wise I spend a lot of time on that river I would have to check my notebook but I think I went 52 for 60 last year tagged 25 of them brats lol I gots no drift boat but I do have a pontoon and know a guy with a drift boat (almost better than owning one lol) so reguardless if this swap happens or not im sure i will see ya around in a month or two

J
JeannaJigs
Ha yeah for sure. Knowing someone with a drift boat is better, you don't have to row the damn thing and get to fish the entire time lol. I spend a lot of time on the sticks and can't multi task....but for sure I'm down for some swappage, even though I only use two patterns predominately during the summer lol. If you've seen mikes jigs, you probably have seen my go to patterns lol

G
GoldFishSlayer
Yea I have seen his box I have only two or three I ever use also but ya know sometimes those odd balls work those electric trolling motors work wonders for the guy with the boat heck in my pontoon I try and drift a bobber while on the sticks gets a bit tricky when that sucker goes down like quick set the hook get em tight then try and row somewhere safe to fight all while the rods in the holder or im sitting on the butt lol

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I used to roll with a float an jig from my pontoon....got hectic lol. Driftboat was an upgrade, but I've only let someone else row it once lol and that's only cause I was in a car accident and couldn't row. So I don't fish as much as I probably could. It's all good though. Front seat rarely gets skunked, and a fish in the boat is good enough for me.

F
FishFiddle
I would be up to a swap if you can get it put together. I just set a personal record....had my boat on the river for 3 consecutive days!! Woot! Woot! Everything still pretty high and fast and now getting higher. Went one for 2 on the AO jig, but no summers yet.

Reactions: bigsteel
J
JeannaJigs
I had one on, on the alsea, with that jig...but it was a no go on landing lol. I have the next three days off, but the damn rivers look like crap, so looks like I'm gonna go into work anyways lol. might as well get paid, better than sitting at home moping about the rivers.