Summer Steel (PIC)

M

Mike123

I never post pics or anything, but since I haven't caught this big of a summer in awhile thought I would share. When I got home it weighed 10lbs. I seem to always catch 6-8lbers.. never anything bigger. Anyways this fish and one other one SLAMMED my nightmare jig under a small cork float. North Santiam has been pretty decent.

Oh btw... is it a trend everywhere for people to use the BIGGEST, UGLIEST, yellow, plastic bobbers for jig fishing?????!!!!! Even when the water is only a foot and a half deep and gin clear!? For some reason this annoys me. :rolleyes:

closeup10lb.jpg

Here's a little better pic...
I hope this doesn't reveal my identity.. LOL.

10lbSS.jpg

Last edited:
N

ninja2010

that's a nice fish for sure... and thanks for posting the pix. any fish pix is good... at least for some of us who haven't had the opportunity. :D

the overkill floats are definitely annoying, to say the least.

thanks again, and hope you post more in the future.

M

Mike123

Thanks Ninja!

I would post more pics, but I rarely have someone with me to take a decent pic.
I have a lot of pics of after I get home with the fish, but those aren't very good to me.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Like the tat...too

Like the tat...too

Holy Cow Bells! :shock: That is a nice fatty. Luckily they don't all have to be in the 20+ pound range to be proud of them. And you should be proud of that one,for sure. :clap: :clap:
Those yellow beach ball bobbers are annoying as he!! :rolleyes: to anyone not using them. I like the thin Thill,personally.
Next time you plan to go out,give a shout and I bet someone will volunteer to be your photographer...:D
Be safe.
Barb

B

Bohemian

Beautiful fish! That is a great picture :clap::clap::clap:

18406ej

Beautiful fish, congratulations. What float do you recommend? The wooden ones?

S

steelhead_stalkers

Good job on the beautiful fish!! :clap: I don't know why people use crazy, ugly, non function floats, but they do and the really annoying part is on occasion they will actually catch a fish with one. :lol: Clear Drennan floats for me!!

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Anything black or clear that will actually float vertical instead of horizontal.

M

Mad dog

I never post pics or anything, but since I haven't caught this big of a summer in awhile thought I would share. When I got home it weighed 10lbs. I seem to always catch 6-8lbers.. never anything bigger. Anyways this fish and one other one SLAMMED my nightmare jig under a small cork float. North Santiam has been pretty decent.

Oh btw... is it a trend everywhere for people to use the BIGGEST, UGLIEST, yellow, plastic bobbers for jig fishing?????!!!!! Even when the water is only a foot and a half deep and gin clear!? For some reason this annoys me. :rolleyes:

closeup10lb.jpg

Very nice Mike!!! :clap:

Down here they use green floats.....:rolleyes:....or worse!!! :(

S

steelhead_stalkers

I love when people use a 2oz float for steelhead and only have one split shot on the line to get it down. :) Good stuff.

M

Mike123

Thanks guys...
I been using a very small, round cork float.
Just enough to float an 1/8 or 1/16 oz jig.
The slightest take and you know it.

Not sure what is with the guys with the huuuuugeeee floats!
But yes they do catch fish once and awhile! Not sure why? :lol:

T

Troutier Bassier

I Understand Your Bobber Annoyence,
Its like seeing Steelhead Fisherman reel with the Reel Up and Reeling Back.

Top Bottom