Summer pontoon camping

N
nimzrock
Greetings to all in the S.W.
My best friend and I camped at Crane prairie this summer with our toons and did the high lakes for 5 days. For next year I m thinking about a toon camp down the umpqua or the ? river. Is this worth it? Are there any chrome runs then? If it were doable I thought we'd put in at elkton and camp to reedsport. The wives could come down later and pick up the first rig and then stay over on the coast. I am open to any suggestions , mental ward commitments or ???
Thanx and Tight lines - Nimz :cool:

B
BobbiDollPDX
nimzrock said:
The wives could come down later and pick up the first rig and then stay over on the coast. I am open to any suggestions , mental ward commitments or ???

:::note to self::: get a wife so I can go toon camping.

S
steelhead1
We floated and camped for four days last summer from yellow creek to elkton. Hella good time! but be prepared for windy conditions and slack water.Bass fishing is Amazing there in the summer,bring lotsa plastics!

Troutski
Troutski
nimzrock said:
Greetings to all in the S.W.
My best friend and I camped at Crane prairie this summer with our toons and did the high lakes for 5 days. For next year I m thinking about a toon camp down the umpqua or the ? river. Is this worth it? Are there any chrome runs then? If it were doable I thought we'd put in at elkton and camp to reedsport. The wives could come down later and pick up the first rig and then stay over on the coast. I am open to any suggestions , mental ward commitments or ???

You should shoot GraphiteZen a PM...he does that on a regular basis....great water and what a fishery.
Good luck and tight lines.

Chuck

M
Mad dog
Elkton to Scottsburg park maybe....no one would want to pontoon from Scottsburg to Reedsport! 15 miles of very wide tidewater with practically nowhere to camp! Probably a few summer runs in that stretch during june but they get pretty difficult later in the summer as the water warms. Smallmouth steal the show on the main during the summer months, a competent angler is easily looking at 50-100 fish days!