Suislaw this weekend?

H
Hammer663s
Will be in Florence visiting in laws Friday to Sunday, so will need to escape, hopefully daily. Thinking of taking the boy after searun cutts if there are any in the system. Spinners and fly rods. Any reports on water/fish conditions lately?

Thanks!

Mike

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I have not heard anything about them, not sure if they are in the system yet, seems a little early to me....

H
Hammer663s
We've managed a few on the Kilchis but it is a bit early. Still, the worst day fishing is better than all day with the inlaws.

Mike

Reactions: cabinetguy
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
lots of people starting to toss big spinners for chinooks OFF the Rhody wall in Florence...should be a good crowd there before and through high tide for sure...

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
rogerdodger;n598002 said:
lots of people starting to toss big spinners for chinooks OFF the Rhody wall in Florence...should be a good crowd there before and through high tide for sure...

Got the day off tomorrow i will be bombing spinners OFF the wall!

H
Hammer663s
We'll check that out this weekend. If it's jammed we'll go upriver and search for cutts. Hate combat fishing.

Mike

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Hammer663s;n598010 said:
We'll check that out this weekend. If it's jammed we'll go upriver and search for cutts. Hate combat fishing.

Mike

I think some folks toss lures for cutts (and chinook later into the Fall) at Bender Landing on the North Fork of the Siuslaw, just not sure the timing of the cutt run.

Reactions: playhooky
H
Hammer663s
rogerdodger;n598011 said:
I think some folks toss lures for cutts (and chinook later into the Fall) at Bender Landing on the North Fork of the Siuslaw, just not sure the timing of the cutt run.

That's a short drive. We'll give it a shot and report back.

B
bd2cool
I'm hitting it next weekend trolling herring - any advice or tips - feel free to pm me.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
No Title

32 lb my house is behind her!

• photo30678.png
Reactions: bd2cool
B
bd2cool
Nice fish and pretty lady!

H
Hammer663s
Stopped by Bender Landing but it was crowded. I'm not a big fan of fishing off a small deck with a bunch of drunk guys on it. ;) Tides weren't working in our favour this weekend timing-wise either. Suislaw looks like having a boat is a must. Really really tough access. Saw lots of boats out working.

P
plumb2fish
It's tough going took us all tide to get 2 image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: bd2cool
B
bd2cool
We trolled Saturday and 3 hours Sunday - 1 jack for 4 rods - Still slow but I saw some big salmon being caught - just not by us.

B
bd2cool
Hitting the river Saturday morning-does anyone knows how far up the river the salmon are now? Feel free to pm me.

B
bd2cool
No love for us this Saturday(9/24) trolled for 7 hours and saw only two landed but lots of boat.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
bd2cool;n598824 said:
No love for us this Saturday(9/24) trolled for 7 hours and saw only two landed but lots of boat.

that is the report I got also, after the rain we had Friday, I thought nets would be flying all weekend but sounds like Sat. was slow...sunrise high tides coming this week!

K
killigan
On Saturday (9/24) I spent 6 hours trolling herring near the Coast Guard watch tower. Got on the water at 8:50 and headed down river, after seeing a ton of boats fishing towards Cushman. We had no luck, and did not see the first net fly till after 11:00am. What little bite there was died at 3:00pm. We saw roughly 15 fish hooked between 35+ boats, with about 10 fish landed, and only 2 of those were Coho throwbacks.
I have to say that it was a beautiful Fall day in Florence! Light wind and sunshine made for a great day on the water.