Suggestions for the lake this weekend?

N
nyersa
Hi there, I am planning on heading up to Olallie this weekend, and was curious about recommendations for what to use. I am a total novice fly fisherman, but I have a rod and reel from a class I took a couple years back, so I thought I would bring it as well as my spinning tackle. Thanks!

E
eggs
Both will work trolliing smalll spinners or wollybuggers...

Bigsteel, littlesalmon, myself and wife will be up there as well... shoot to stay at horseshoe but road depending might end up some othe campgrounds... we will have a white jeep, blue pt cruzer and grey driftboat..

N
nyersa
Cool thx for the info. I am renting a little pos economy car (no idea on the color) cause the wife doesn't want me to take the charger up there (I can't imagine why), but I will setup with a big REI tent and have a Winchester hat on. Planning on renting a rowboat when I get up there, hope to see ya out on the lake

L
Left Bank
Which campground?

Which campground?

I'm thinking of heading up there Tuesday and Wednesday. Anyone know the best campground to stay at?
If anyone else is planning to go up there those days and want to row around with me send me a PM. My supposed buddy whimped out and no one else can make it.

E
eggs
Camp 10 has some nice sites where you can bank your boat at night!

N
nyersa
Just BRING THE BUGSPRAY! I just got back from the Peninsula campground and there were clouds of skeeters following me around everywhere I went.

E
eggs
Except the water!! We had no skeeters out there!

N
nyersa
True enough, just had to get there without being carried away :p