Suckers on a stone fly

Admin
Admin
It's nice to go after Oregon fish again. :D I went to the Irish Bend for an hour or two. First tried a lure for about 15 mnts without success. Changed the lure for a hook, put a fly stone from under the nearest rock on it and got a teenager sucker. Another fly - another sucker. Changed back to the lure - caught a moma sucker. :lol: P.S. Sorry, took pictures with my phone

Last edited:
O
osmosis
the first two look like chub with that round nose, the last one looks like a squawfish. Gotta enjoy diversity in the catch.

H
halibuthitman
were there a lot of mature stonefly nymps in the river???

Admin
Admin
I believe they are flies, not nymphs. I picked them from under rocks around bushes on a bank. And yes, there are a lot of them (when you know where to look for them) :D

H
halibuthitman
now thats traditional fly fishing!!;)

O
OnTheFly
Yeah. One could even take it to the next level and drive a fly vice into a tree and tie up the match right there on the bank!:D

M
mlw
I live just south of irish bend, and find it a convenient place for casting practice (fly, and now spey) due to the nice wide gravel bank - but have to say I haven't caught #### there - other than a good sized pikeminnow. It sure looks fishy enough, and plenty of andronomous fish have to go by there - not sure what is going on. Still, it is a nice spot to fish.
Michael