Successful recon mission

A
adambomb
With the beautiful weather yesterday I took the opportunity to explore a couple small mountain lakes. What was supposed to be a 3 mile round trip, turned out to be over 6 miles, but I found the lakes nonetheless. I only saw one fish rise in the 90 minutes that I fished. A few more weeks and these two little lakes should produce nicely. My dog discovered that she can't walk on duck weed!!

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bigsteel
greal lookin pieces of water...looks ike a good day for the dog to get wet.....6 miles i would be keelled over int he bushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nice pics

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im curious, what are the names of the lakes?

Cool pictures :)

A
adambomb
I have chosen to keep the names of these lakes a mystery because I did come across some private property signs, although I suspect that they are on weyerhauser land, I don't want anybody getting in trouble on my behalf. As soon as I verify the property ownership I will reveal their names.

G
Growbug
Adam, if these are the lakes that i believe they are, then yes, they sit inside the tree farm you mentioned. When i pop up this week, i will check the property marker signs against the list of contractors that Weyerhauser use..... erm.. i can pop into the local office (the one you pass just before hitting dickie prairie)

A
adambomb
Growbug said:
Adam, if these are the lakes that i believe they are, then yes, they sit inside the tree farm you mentioned. When i pop up this week, i will check the property marker signs against the list of contractors that Weyerhauser use..... erm.. i can pop into the local office (the one you pass just before hitting dickie prairie)

The signs defenitly look like they were made by a company VS bought at the store by a landowner. I contacted the rep for that tree farm and asked him about getting a detailed map of the area and he told me that I could purchase one for 15 bucks at their office down by albany. I have often wanted to stop by their office in dickey prairie, but it never looks like anybody is there when I go by

H
Hawk
Beautiful pics & forest/lake Bro.

:D:D:D

:clap::clap::clap:

:cool:

S
skunk
Nice job, I love a little hike before some great fishing. Hope they produce for you later.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking little lakes. Good weather to go for a hike with the dog.

troutdude
troutdude
I'll bet that your pooch no longer has any fondness towards duck weed!

A
adambomb
troutdude said:
I'll bet that your pooch no longer has any fondness towards duck weed!

That little dog hates everything about water!! Its hard enough getting her to go out in the rain.

C
Caveman
Nothing is much better than enjoying the solitude of fishing slittle emi-secret mountain lakes!

A
adambomb
Private property

Private property

These lakes are Corbia and Pelkey lake and they are NOT on weyerhauser or BLM land. They are clearly posted and patrolled sorry:(

G
Growbug
There are monitoring systems at one of the lakes due to numerous counts of vandalism and reported homeless camps.

Its amazing.. we find a nice little lake and go through all the polite channels to ask permission only to find someone else has already screwed up access.